Training To hell and back but we never actually left hell (Preseason thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
We brought in 2 of the best kicks in the draft with our first picks - particularly Bowey apparently.

Rosman is a project type that we probably won’t see in the senior side for a year or 2 at best.
My PT is apparently best buddies with Bowey.

When I say PT, I mean the cruel smiling millennial that I have strangely decided to pay to torture me a couple of times in the past week in pursuit of my goal of f knows what or why :(

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

When I say PT, I mean the cruel smiling millennial that I have strangely decided to pay to torture me a couple of times in the past week in pursuit of my goal of f knows what or why :(

Im told he’s a great kid who will fit right in quickly.

Your PT doesn’t sound very nice though.. why are they all so nasty?

PT: "on a scale of 1 to 10, how prepared are you to reach your goal"?

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
PT: "on a scale of 1 to 10, how prepared are you to reach your goal"?
I think I might have broken him. He asked about my goals and I said I wanted one day to be able to do one chin-up. Just one. Then I can drink myself stupid and never, ever return

I think I might have broken him. He asked about my goals and I said I wanted one day to be able to do one chin-up. Just one. Then I can drink myself stupid and never, ever return
As long as you have the cash they'll have a 10 week program for that.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
As long as you have the cash they'll have a 10 week program for that.
My wife is a PT, a pretty successful one who solely focuses on women, usually mothers. She regularly passes on stories from her clients who've gone to gyms, and various other PT's who likely got into the profession because they like going to the gym and looking at themselves in the mirror. Some of the advice they apparently give out is hilarious. One of the highlights is advising a "healthy meal" of bbq sausages ...

But anyway, Proper Gander I'm more than happy for you to continue with this one as long as you get bi-weekly updates on the inner workings of the club.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
My wife is a PT, a pretty successful one who solely focuses on women, usually mothers. She regularly passes on stories from her clients who've gone to gyms, and various other PT's who likely got into the profession because they like going to the gym and looking at themselves in the mirror. Some of the advice they apparently give out is hilarious. One of the highlights is advising a "healthy meal" of bbq sausages ...

But anyway, Proper Gander I'm more than happy for you to continue with this one as long as you get bi-weekly updates on the inner workings of the club.
Yeah he honestly seems okay. But * it can be hilarious with a really young, super fit and enthusiastic young guy try to work his head around the appropriate strength program for a slightly angry middle aged woman. He’s doing an amazing job of keeping up the encouraging thing when I manage to at least lift my gaze

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos

Reminds me of the Dave Graney line: Slave to an unnamable half forgotten ambition

Did he really? wow that is impressive. It also makes me want to give an almighty spray to the rest of the plodders on our list that just got beaten by the new kid.
I don't reckon it's the others being unfit, fitness was one of our strengths last year and Burgess wouldn't let them come back fat. Tmac has lost a lot of weight and is apparently the fittest he's ever been, so big props to Rosman for beating him. I would give ANB credit but he should've been delisted.

Did he really? wow that is impressive. It also makes me want to give an almighty spray to the rest of the plodders on our list that just got beaten by the new kid.
He may well be an exceptional runner and perhaps also engaged in middle distance running along with football. They were talking about the 2km time trial on the radio today and said an elite time for AFL footballers is anything from 6:00 to 6:30. The world record for an u18 is under 5 Minutes and the Australian u18 record is 5:15, so maybe it’s just good genetics.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
man the 1 thing we took him for was he's a boss runner who's tall as * who can take that other wing. it's why I said he'll play round 1 it just depends on his footy smarts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I think I heard on the radio today that Goody split from his Mrs, not good for focus with stre like that in the family.
Meh, when i split from my wife a number of years ago, I've never been more focused on work in my life. Plus, if he's been unhappy or in an unhappy relationship, maybe this is something that could spark creativity or shake that robot like demeanour he has going on. Don't think it's necessarily a bad thing..

Meh, when i split from my wife a number of years ago, I've never been more focused on work in my life. Plus, if he's been unhappy or in an unhappy relationship, maybe this is something that could spark creativity or shake that robot like demeanour he has going on. Don't think it's necessarily a bad thing..
Well he has grown a beard. Different man already.

LarryDavidNeitz

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne

If Goodwin suddenly becomes a highly successful AFL coach following his marriage breakdown, divorce lawyers around the nation are going to be working 25 hours a day to keep up with demand.
What idiot would stay married when that kind of life turnaround is possible post-divorce.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
If Goodwin suddenly becomes a highly successful AFL coach following his marriage breakdown, divorce lawyers around the nation are going to be working 25 hours a day to keep up with demand.
What idiot would stay married when that kind of life turnaround is possible post-divorce.
You must be a lucky man to have never been in a loveless relationship or an abusive one. It's no coincidence that a lot of people turn their lives around after a relationship ends. I have no idea what Goody's situation is, but hopefully it's freeing for him and not restricting. Clearly getting divorced for a reason, so maybe a happier coach equals better coach..

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
You must be a lucky man to have never been in a loveless relationship or an abusive one. It's no coincidence that a lot of people turn their lives around after a relationship ends. I have no idea what Goody's situation is, but hopefully it's freeing for him and not restricting. Clearly getting divorced for a reason, so maybe a happier coach equals better coach..

It’s not like it can make the old chap any worse so I think we are safe!

very eloquent post on divorce in all seriousness

stabler

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Anyone else have a bit of an 'out of sight, out of mind' feeling with the club currently? Just tumbleweeds coming from the media dept at the moment.

Makes it hard to build any excitement for the coming season ahead, just my opinion though.

Edit - also the obvious lack of training reports doesn't help, with the boys being in exile over at Casey.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Anyone else have a bit of an 'out of sight, out of mind' feeling with the club currently? Just tumbleweeds coming from the media dept at the moment.

Makes it hard to build any excitement for the coming season ahead, just my opinion though.

Edit - also the obvious lack of training reports doesn't help, with the boys being in exile over at Casey.
Yup, never had so little interest in the club over off season..

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United

Crickets. Literally nothing coming out of the club. Mind you, besides Jono Patton and him sending his weiner to every chick in town, there has been little to no news about any AFL. Very strange...

Only been in one relationship that was serious and am still in it 25 years later so I guess I fall into the lucky category.

The activity in this thread says it all and I think the club are also trying to avoid another 'to hell and back' stupid move.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne

Probably a combination of cost cutting and the doco last season probably would get laughed at this season (Even though I love behind the scenes stuff).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back