To put things in perspective

Remove this Banner Ad

You lmake it sound so simple! See ball, get ball! Fate and omens are different though not mutually exclusive. I prefer events to have a warm fuzzy feels.
A nice lady for that :p

Fate is an interesting concept.
Is it fated we make so many GFs but not win enough?

Or can we do things to help fate on its way?

Maybe during the game get the ball...
Do good things with it....

Do good things with it....

Whatever it takes to play footy at our optimum level.. if that involves living in a bubble come gf week.. certain players not getting involved in gf week festivities.. then so be it.

Ed to give himself a media ban for the week so he doesn't lapse into child supporter and 'I told you so' mode.

Not enough 'cut the crap' as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Thought experiment: play the GF backwards in your mind. The same stuff happens but in reverse order.

Dom Sheed opens the scoring with a goal from the boundary inside the opening two minutes.

The Pies go bang-bang through Mihocek and Cox to end the first quarter down 5 points.

We struggle in the second term and drop back a further two goals to trail by 17 at half-time.

The third term is an arm wrestle where we can only muster one goal, the Eagles nail two and it’s a 22 point deficit going into the last.

Last quarter, the Eagles get a flukey goal when a player falls over the ball on the goal line, and another from a centre free kick. Then the Pies are set alight by their fleet of small forwards including Stephenson, De Goey and a last gasp effort by Varcoe leaves us devastatingly close as the siren goes, down only 5 points.

Don’t you feel now like we just weren’t quite ready to compete with the Eagles who were the better team for three quarters, however we gave it our all, can walk away proud and feeling optimistic for 2019 this way?

Given the whole playing stuff backwards in your mind thing is a PTSD therapy device its strangely apposite.

Nah, still hurts like *.

Yes childhood.

So powerful.

Shane Bond running towards goal.....

Phil Carman deciding to give a how you do to Michael Tuck.

Kingston Town leading the Melbourne Cup and this thing Gurners Lane mowing him down on the rail...

Ahhh memories from childhood
Rainlover and the Goondiwindi Grey.

Given the whole playing stuff backwards in your mind thing is a PTSD therapy device its strangely apposite.
Appropriate?

I dunno about you but I was traumatised by everything that happened after Langdon tried to rush that ball over the line, starting with numbnuts falling over it and accidentally scoring a goal.

Rainlover and the Goondiwindi Grey.
Great horses they were.

Imagine the 1968 Rain Lover v 1966 Galilee?

Or Vain v Black Caviar

Or Kingston Town v Winx

Appropriate?

I dunno about you but I was traumatised by everything that happened after Langdon tried to rush that ball over the line, starting with numbnuts falling over it and accidentally scoring a goal.
And we almost had such a crazy moment that favours us.

Darling pooing his pants, missing a sitter....
But no we just don't have that...

The best part of the day for me was the 1st qrt and meeting and chatting to players at lawn 27. Having a conversation with Nate Fyfe.. waitress comes along with a tray full of these lil savoy tarama thingimagigis.. Fyfe gave her the no stop sign looked away and said 'elite athlete'. Funny as.

Do good things with it
Fate hasn't been kind to us. Maybe because we don't do better good things with the ball when we get it, and we don't always get it as often as we should.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back