To those who don't like their job and hate their boss.

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Pretty sure I would fight you if knew you, hate you entitled kents.
You took the risk so deal with it.

If bosses didn't take the risk, there would be no work, and no jobs for employees.

Calling me a kent, you entitled lazy ungrateful s**t.

You need a job, so suck it up and deal with it. See how that works.

Be your own boss, or work for one. Your choice (though you probably prefer living off the dole).

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
Was wondering at what point the OP became a thinly veiled dig at "leftists". 11 lines wasn't a bad effort.

Anyway, proud "lefty" here that runs his own software development business. I've found it much easier than working for someone else whilst the flexibility of hours and the ability to work on the road has been great. Running your own business is only as hard and/or stressful as you allow it to be.

Be honest with what you're good at, don't get in over your head, don't get behind on your invoicing and chase up your debtors - cash flow is king. Hit those things and you'll be sweet.

If bosses didn't take the risk, there would be no work, and no jobs for employees.

Calling me a kent, you entitled lazy ungrateful s**t.

You need a job, so suck it up and deal with it. See how that works.

Be your own boss, or work for one. Your choice (though you probably prefer living off the dole).
I mean the counter that would be work for someone else or suck it up yeah?

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
The problem with small business (actual small business, where the owner works day in day out doing actual work) is that most have bought into the bullshit that they are allied with 'business' rather than workers.

A few dollars extra in a good employees paycheck will never send a small business to the wall, but the predatory monopolies of the multinational big business break them by the thousands.

The ACTU could be the best friend small business could have if only they see their common enemy.

Good to see all the Lefties out in force today.

Businesses exist to make a profit. Guess what, making money isn't a sin. It is okay to make a profit, and not only workers are entitled to the perks of success.

"A few dollars extra will never send a small business to the wall".

Run a small business, have you?

You act like bosses delight in not wanting to pay good workers more. Sometimes, there isn't enough money coming in.

So, would you prefer that the business go under instead, and instead of getting a payrise, you are out of work, because the business went broke.

If you want more money, then generate more sales. Get more customers to buy, and there will be more money in the business, and even if you work on commission, you will make more money.

Business costs are high, and often a lot of money goes into running day-to-day businesses. Maybe if the government saw small business as an election issue, they might give more money towards it, helping small business reduce its costs, and allowing good bosses to pay their good workers more.

The ACTU don't care about small business. I have never heard Bill Shorten or the ALP ever pledge to help out small business.

The ACTU only look out for a certain section of workers- themselves and their members. They don't give a stuff about small business and the unemployed, because it doesn't affect them.

Without big business, the economy would suffer, creating greater unemployment, and workers will not have a job to get paid more from.

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Was wondering at what point the OP became a thinly veiled dig at "leftists". 11 lines wasn't a bad effort.

Anyway, proud "lefty" here that runs his own software development business. I've found it much easier than working for someone else whilst the flexibility of hours and the ability to work on the road has been great. Running your own business is only as hard and/or stressful as you allow it to be.

Be honest with what you're good at, don't get in over your head, don't get behind on your invoicing and chase up your debtors - cash flow is king. Hit those things and you'll be sweet.

At least you know what running a business is like.

It sounds like you have made it work more because you are in a small business which offers a service. You set your own prices, probably have a client list, and your customers probably have to make an appointment to see you, meaning that they have to work around you, not the other way around.

Retail small businesses are a lot harder than service ones, where someone works from home, and they don't have overheads or employees to pay.

I agree with invoicing. However, its a bit hard when some refuse to pay, and you have to work to force them into paying what they owe.

Businesses exist to make a profit. Guess what, making money isn't a sin. It is okay to make a profit, and not only workers are entitled to the perks of success.

You act like bosses delight in not wanting to pay good workers more. Sometimes, there isn't enough money coming in.

So, would you prefer that the business go under instead, and instead of getting a payrise, you are out of work, because the business went broke.

If you want more money, then generate more sales. Get more customers to buy, and there will be more money in the business, and even if you work on commission, you will make more money.

Business costs are high, and often a lot of money goes into running day-to-day businesses. Maybe if the government saw small business as an election issue, they might give more money towards it, helping small business reduce its costs, and allowing good bosses to pay their good workers more.

The ACTU don't care about small business. I have never heard Bill Shorten or the ALP ever pledge to help out small business.

The ACTU only look out for a certain section of workers- themselves and their members. They don't give a stuff about small business and the unemployed, because it doesn't affect them.

Without big business, the economy would suffer, creating greater unemployment, and workers will not have a job to get paid more from.
You keep ragging on lefties and the ALP
Do you think the libs care about small business?

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong

But you are the one against working for someone else, because they might rip you off.

I never said that there is anything wrong with working for someone else. After working in small business, I am happy to work for someone else, and let him do all the paperwork, and I can clock off at night.

But you don't want to work for a boss, yet aren't prepared to put in the work to be your own boss. So which one would you prefer?

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong

No. The libs could do more.

But the Libs went to the last election with a package to help out small business, and would pay for some of the equipment needed for small businesses to run.

Shorten, who says that he is for the worker, has offered nothing to small business to make them more prosperous, so that more money goes back to the workers.

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong

Being a Super Mod doesn't count as a job, even though you guys like to boss everyone else around.

I heard being a super mod is a voluntary position. Then, you are paid what you are worth.

William Wonka

Jesus died for somebodies sins but not mine
May 28, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Lol!
Keep suckling up to the same campaigners that are sodomizing you.
How did your olds mans stationary sales go when officeworks set up shop?
The concept of true capitalism and competition is dead and buried.

Also, we can't set prices, but must sell at the price the distributors tell us to, which hinders things a bit.
Well look at you, bitching about your boss.

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Lol!

It wasn't my boss who was setting the prices though. That was my point (but you were too stupid to see it).

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Lol!

Funny about your username, naming yourself after a fictional character who ran a business and made lots of money.

Do you think Willy Wonka paid the Oompa-Loompa's what they were worth, or was a payrise for them just "Pure Imagination"?

You hate big businessman, yet use the username of a big businessman.

Was Willie Wonka a campaigner?

Officeworks is competition. That is what industry is about, offering a better product, and giving customers reason to buy from us and not Officeworks. That is how industry runs.

But for someone like you, who probably only shows up to work when you can be bothered, watches the clock, pulls sickies and talks down about your boss behind his back, and how you could run things better, you wouldn't get the concept of "competition" and "running a business".

Go and run your own business. It will be a massive wake-up call for you, and might stop you being a self-entitled, lazy, ungrateful twat. It would be the kick in the arse you need.

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Lol!

"Keep sucking up to the same campaigners..."

Keep sucking Bill Shorten's dick, then.

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong

You keep ragging on the Libs.

But currently, they are the government who is paying you the dole, so that you can stay home and sleep in, on the hard-working taxpayer's dollar.

William Wonka

Jesus died for somebodies sins but not mine
May 28, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It wasn't my boss who was setting the prices though. That was my point (but you were too stupid to see it).
If someone is telling you what to do then they are your boss my friend.
Funny about your username, naming yourself after a fictional character who ran a business and made lots of money.

Do you think Willy Wonka paid the Oompa-Loompa's what they were worth, or was a payrise for them just "Pure Imagination"?

You hate big businessman, yet use the username of a big businessman.

Was Willie Wonka a campaigner?

Officeworks is competition. That is what industry is about, offering a better product, and giving customers reason to buy from us and not Officeworks. That is how industry runs.

But for someone like you, who probably only shows up to work when you can be bothered, watches the clock, pulls sickies and talks down about your boss behind his back, and how you could run things better, you wouldn't get the concept of "competition" and "running a business".

Go and run your own business. It will be a massive wake-up call for you, and might stop you being a self-entitled, lazy, ungrateful twat. It would be the kick in the arse you need.
I run my own business champ.

On an unrelated subject, you have a very odd style of prose.
Are you unwell?

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Personally I'm over unions in my work campaigning for pay rise. Nothing more than in line with inflation is necessary. I'd prefer they focus on lots of other things. More pay is just a catch call to get the simple minded selfish plebs on board. More pay also means cutting back part time and casual.

Strong vibe of man yelling at cloud about this thread. OP comes in with a huge whinge and provokes the respondents.

For what it’s worth, I subscribe to the fact that you make your own luck a bit in life. Small businesses are answerable to a lot of people, but that’s one of the considerations that people don’t take into account when making a decision to do so. Doesn’t give you a right to preach about employee entitlement when they have their own different challenges.

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Personally I'm over unions in my work campaigning for pay rise. Nothing more than in line with inflation is necessary. I'd prefer they focus on lots of other things. More pay is just a catch call to get the simple minded selfish plebs on board. More pay also means cutting back part time and casual.
you really will miss your management role

Why don't you start your own business in your chosen field then? Why not work for yourself?

Filling in BAS statements is enough to make you think "I would rather work for a boss, and these day-to-day hassles can be his problem".

As someone with their own business' with close to 100 employees I can highly recommend contacting your accountant and retaining the services of a bookkeeper to prepare quarterly BAS statements for you.

Are you telling me that every employee's every complaint is valid? So, in your world, there are no lazy employees, none who don't show up to work, who never have a bad attitude, and no employees who ever steal, insult customers or get in fights at work (because, where I have worked, each and every one of these has occurred by people I work with).

As an employer it's up to you to hire the right people. Or provide management the correct tools and skills to hire the right people. As frustrating as it is, it your responsibility. When you can accept that fact and not blame others you can focus on getting the correct practices and procedures in place. With a team that provides the right culture you will find those that don't want to accept the standard will leave of their own volition.

You have never worked in the newsagency industry then.

It is a bit hard to do an improvement audit on what you need or want, when the quality of papers, magazines etc are determined by the company sending it, and you are told to sell them. Sure, we can return what we don't sell, but we aren't given the luxury of just ordering the qualities we want.

I'd never worked in the industry of the first business I bought but that didn't stop me from doubling it's sales and value in the first six months.

Focus on what you can work with. Customer service and communication. Staff training. Visual merchandising. Local area marketing and advertising. What type of lights you have in the ceiling. What music is played in store. Cleanliness and presentation. Clean windows.

Also, we can't set prices, but must sell at the price the distributors tell us to, which hinders things a bit.
It's illegal for a supplier to pressure a reseller into selling their products at or above a certain price, or threaten to cut off supply if their price demands are not met.

Having it that there are unfair dismissial laws which almost prevent an employee being sacked FOR ANY REASON (and it is used that way by some lawyers in court).

If you follow the law which is your responsibility as an employer there are multiple ways of terminating an employees employment. In fact as a small business there is a checklist you could have followed to determine if the termination is legal. Once again it comes to down to training.

But you are the one against working for someone else, because they might rip you off.

I never said that there is anything wrong with working for someone else. After working in small business, I am happy to work for someone else, and let him do all the paperwork, and I can clock off at night.

But you don't want to work for a boss, yet aren't prepared to put in the work to be your own boss. So which one would you prefer?
I'm not sure you are actually understanding my posts based on this

No. The libs could do more.

But the Libs went to the last election with a package to help out small business, and would pay for some of the equipment needed for small businesses to run.

Shorten, who says that he is for the worker, has offered nothing to small business to make them more prosperous, so that more money goes back to the workers.
Did they actually follow through on their small business promises in full?

Being a Super Mod doesn't count as a job, even though you guys like to boss everyone else around.

I heard being a super mod is a voluntary position. Then, you are paid what you are worth.
I get paid in likes, it;s not much but it's honest work

You keep ragging on the Libs.

But currently, they are the government who is paying you the dole, so that you can stay home and sleep in, on the hard-working taxpayer's dollar.
You seem to think being on the dole is some sort of idyllic life, not a care in the world type deal.

Ever been on it?

Back