To those who don't like their job and hate their boss.

Remove this Banner Ad

If bosses didn't take the risk, there would be no work, and no jobs for employees.

Calling me a kent, you entitled lazy ungrateful s**t.

You need a job, so suck it up and deal with it. See how that works.

Be your own boss, or work for one. Your choice (though you probably prefer living off the dole).

And here we see the OP's true colors.

A massive hatred for the working man he is attempted to colour over with the kind of small business is the lifeblood of Australia shtick that John Howard would be pre cummning over

OP probably hires 15 year olds and underpays them, makes them work bad hours, and then cuts their hours on a whim, then when they complain he gives them the spiel he wrote down here. Total bastard.

Accurate call - blaming the slave labour he employs for the fact his family got themselves balls deep into a dying media industry - unlucky bruv.

What if you like your job but not your boss?

OP just canned employees for bitching and crying then did the same thing.

There is cost/benefit in anything and we all take risks and have to sacrifice. Nothing comes easy and work can be hard graft. Sorry we can't go back to Master/Slave OP.

PS What makes you think employees don't try a side gig?

If bosses didn't take the risk, there would be no work, and no jobs for employees.

Calling me a kent, you entitled lazy ungrateful s**t.

You need a job, so suck it up and deal with it. See how that works.

Be your own boss, or work for one. Your choice (though you probably prefer living off the dole).

Deal with what? When your employees who without their work (your ideas/debates/thought bubbles) would be nothing more than a thought bubble in your own head get jack of you and get a better deal don't go whinging.

Lazy? You lead by example do you and put in? Or sit at a desk? Typical management attitude. Weak as piss.

As someone with their own business' with close to 100 employees I can highly recommend contacting your accountant and retaining the services of a bookkeeper to prepare quarterly BAS statements for you.

As an employer it's up to you to hire the right people. Or provide management the correct tools and skills to hire the right people. As frustrating as it is, it your responsibility. When you can accept that fact and not blame others you can focus on getting the correct practices and procedures in place. With a team that provides the right culture you will find those that don't want to accept the standard will leave of their own volition.

I'd never worked in the industry of the first business I bought but that didn't stop me from doubling it's sales and value in the first six months.

Focus on what you can work with. Customer service and communication. Staff training. Visual merchandising. Local area marketing and advertising. What type of lights you have in the ceiling. What music is played in store. Cleanliness and presentation. Clean windows.

It's illegal for a supplier to pressure a reseller into selling their products at or above a certain price, or threaten to cut off supply if their price demands are not met.

If you follow the law which is your responsibility as an employer there are multiple ways of terminating an employees employment. In fact as a small business there is a checklist you could have followed to determine if the termination is legal. Once again it comes to down to training.

Thanks, a lot of this advice is interesting, and it would have been handy when we had our business. Thanks for your input!

Think the OPs made it pretty clear why the only one who'll give him a job is his Dad.

Actually, I am working for someone else at the moment, and my boss treats me well, because I show him respect, and bringing some experience to the business, he values my output.

Also, some of the other employees act up, and I just do my job, so he respects me for that as well.

In fact, of all the employees, I have been singled out for promotion, and I have been there less than a year.

So, you are wrong. Try again.

Deal with what? When your employees who without their work (your ideas/debates/thought bubbles) would be nothing more than a thought bubble in your own head get jack of you and get a better deal don't go whinging.

Lazy? You lead by example do you and put in? Or sit at a desk? Typical management attitude. Weak as piss.

Those who sit at a desk now got there by working hard.

You just want to make excuses for not getting ahead, instead of blaming your laziness.

Go and be a manager then, and show the rest of us how it is done.

But you won't, because you would rather whinge than change your situation.

Accurate call - blaming the slave labour he employs for the fact his family got themselves balls deep into a dying media industry - unlucky bruv.

I didn't blame our employees. In fact, most of our staff were wonderful, save for the two drivers we had who didn't show up to work and quit without giving notice.

The media industry wasn't dying when we got into it 27 years ago.

Get over yourself.

I was unemployed for a while, and I can tell you, if you don't want to do the work, or aren't happy with it, there are plenty of others who are unemployed, who would be more than willing to take your spot.

So, if you are going to go on a walkout, just make sure first that the other employees feel the way you do, otherwise you may find that the job gets taken up by someone more willing to work hard.

Actually, I am working for someone else at the moment, and my boss treats me well, because I show him respect, and bringing some experience to the business, he values my output.

Also, some of the other employees act up, and I just do my job, so he respects me for that as well.

In fact, of all the employees, I have been singled out for promotion, and I have been there less than a year.

Nice fairytale.

Say hi to your dad when you clock in tomorrow, remember he’s all you’ve got.

Those who sit at a desk now got there by working hard.

You just want to make excuses for not getting ahead, instead of blaming your laziness.

Not always, lot of s**t kickers and lazy campaigners work behind a desk.

I have a great boss, the job is ok but I'll be staying as long as I can while I report to him. He's not even in the country either which is good and bad, all he sees is our balance sheet and not what I'm doing, so if the sheet is good we're good and if not we have a lot of Skype meetings ha ha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So did you get promoted or is this one of those things that all bosses tell the useless employees to make them feel better and work for another 3 years at a miserable wage?

Clearly posting seven responses in a row implies a willingness to consider the opinions of others and a level-headed coolness that is vital in the modern workplace.

Clearly posting seven responses in a row implies a willingness to consider the opinions of others and a level-headed coolness that is vital in the modern workplace.
But a lack of understanding of the multi quote option

Appreciate the intention of the OP but a dick is a dick.

I've had bosses who make big money and I've had bosses who barely make $40k working 50 hour weeks. I've had bosses who started businesses from scratch, put their own money in and took years to turn a profit and I've had bosses who are just salaried staff with no skin in the game. Worst bosses I ever had had no equity at stake and their income wasn't a function of company performance. As above, a dick is a dick.

Go and be a manager then, and show the rest of us how it is done.

But you won't, because you would rather whinge than change your situation.

Would rather produce something and earn my money. What makes you think I haven't already changed my situation. Everyone adapts. Again naive.
Get over yourself.

I was unemployed for a while, and I can tell you, if you don't want to do the work, or aren't happy with it, there are plenty of others who are unemployed, who would be more than willing to take your spot.

So, if you are going to go on a walkout, just make sure first that the other employees feel the way you do, otherwise you may find that the job gets taken up by someone more willing to work hard.

Been there and done that and they can have it. Am perfectly capable of reiventing myself and changing tact. Have done it several times.

A walkout? You mean strike? Never done it but have collectively bargained. My industry can't really be done by recent Bangladeshi arrivals on 2 bucks an hour who can't speak English but good luck if you can find them.

Last edited:
Owning your own small business is not all puppy dogs and rainbows, you have to be cut out for it, you have to have a professional mindset and you have to be fair and firm to any employees that you might hire, and the business has to be successful enough where you can employ the right people and the pressure is not on you 24/7 to keep the lights on. That's not easy at all.

Being an owner/manager of a small business requires such a wide range of skills. If you can't afford to employ managers then you have to be good at every core business function.

It's the quickest way to an early grave.

Not always, lot of s**t kickers and lazy campaigners work behind a desk.

I have a great boss, the job is ok but I'll be staying as long as I can while I report to him. He's not even in the country either which is good and bad, all he sees is our balance sheet and not what I'm doing, so if the sheet is good we're good and if not we have a lot of Skype meetings ha ha

There are some lazy campaigners in front of the desk as well, who put most of their efforts in hiding their laziness and "don't care" attitude from their boss.

So did you get promoted or is this one of those things that all bosses tell the useless employees to make them feel better and work for another 3 years at a miserable wage?

I'm actually happy with my pay packet. I was only working three days initially, and getting paid as such, but now I have six days, and so get paid more for working more days.

Also, the pay suits me, and it allows me to pay off my credit card, and start saving. But, then, I am single. It probably wouldn't be enough money if I had a family, but it suits me, and I am happy in my job, and in the end, that is what counts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back