Traded Toby Bedford [Traded to GWS for #44]

Remove this Banner Ad

Mich0

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Bombers and GWS showing interest. What’s he worth on the open market?

Would be a walk up start in both teams.

Personally I think he can bring more to a team than most clubs could draft a player in 3rd round however I also suspect dees wouldn’t put up much friction on helping Bedford get greater opportunities.

Pick in the 30s gets it done I would say.

Personally I think Melbourne would be silly to let him go. He is a good little player who just needs a run of games to prove himself.

He’s fast.

Aside from that I don’t reckon he’s quite AFL quality. Has plenty of ‘almost’ moments and at AFL level can go missing for long periods at a time.

If he goes I’d expect it would be a pick in the 40s, give or take depending on what the team receiving has to offer.

Kade Chandler is the one who I think could have more impact at AFL level. He’s not as quick as Bedford but hits the scoreboard a lot in the VFL and is a raking left foot kick.

He’s fast.

Aside from that I don’t reckon he’s quite AFL quality. Has plenty of ‘almost’ moments and at AFL level can go missing for long periods at a time.

If he goes I’d expect it would be a pick in the 40s, give or take depending on what the team receiving has to offer.

Kade Chandler is the one who I think could have more impact at AFL level. He’s not as quick as Bedford but hits the scoreboard a lot in the VFL and is a raking left foot kick.
Based on this.. a fourth rounder.

Overrated by many Dees supporters. Shows glimpses of X factor, but basic skills like kicking and ball winning are lacking. His major strength is defensive pressure.

I can understand why other clubs may be interested, and a pick in the 40 range is fair.

Overrated by many Dees supporters. Shows glimpses of X factor, but basic skills like kicking and ball winning are lacking. His major strength is defensive pressure.

I can understand why other clubs may be interested, and a pick in the 40 range is fair.
Defensive pressure without kicking goals.

Sounds like a player Kenny would love.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sometimes players get 'pidgeon holed' by coaching groups wanting to turn players into something they are not. Perhaps if he was allowed just to hunt the ball and kick goals he would improve?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s fast.

Had a ripper opening half during the Dees vs Freo at the G. Looked very lively at times across half forward.

You're pretty spot on here, in fact I might overrate him but I stand by the fact that I think he has pretty high potential

Can't get a regular gig in the Dees team as a small forward and has spent half of his season as the sub. Demons want to keep him but is weighing up offers from GWS, Essendon and North. Should be really cheap to bring across to one of those clubs but how good is he?

He wont be super cheap but a bargain buy for someone
I think he would be pretty cheap. A pick in the 40s or 50s would get it done for sure, maybe even 60s.

Bedford is fast and has excellent endurance but he’s fumbly and lightly framed.

With Kade Chandler, Bailey Laurie and Andy Moniz-Wakefield there are multiple competing small forwards. Small forward is the area Melbourne has the best depth. I can’t see Melbourne trying too hard to retain Bedford given the depth.

Isn’t there already a Toby Bedford thread?

Doubt it would be a trade for a stand alone pick. Most likely would look to do something like swap 2nd or 3rd rounders with a lower club.

Isn’t there already a Toby Bedford thread?

Doubt it would be a trade for a stand alone pick. Most likely would look to do something like swap 2nd or 3rd rounders with a lower club.
I think so.

I'd give an F3/F4 for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back