Traded Toby Bedford [Traded to GWS for #44]

Remove this Banner Ad

He average about 16 touches and just over a goal a game at VFL level

I doubt he's a walk up start at any club unless he improves

Worth a pick around the 50 to 60 mark maybe
If you look at his actual game time rather than games played because Bedford was sub so often, his average AFL game was about 10 touches, a bit over a goal and three tackles.

If he keeps that up for a full season it’s a 25-30 goal season.

Not great, but not awful either.

I still think a pick in the 40-60 range would get it done.

If you look at his actual game time rather than games played because Bedford was sub so often, his average AFL game was about 10 touches, a bit over a goal and three tackles.

If he keeps that up for a full season it’s a 25-30 goal season.

Not great, but not awful either.

I still think a pick in the 40-60 range would get it done.
I was showing his VFL stats, I'd assume he's playing most of the game in the VFL

He's not a 25-30 goal forward in the VFL so I doubt he's that at the next level

I was showing his VFL stats, I'd assume he's playing most of the game in the VFL

He's not a 25-30 goal forward in the VFL so I doubt he's that at the next level
That’s his actual projected 22 game AFL stats based on time on ground this year.

In the VFL he tends to play more midfield time than he does at AFL level.

I still don’t think he’s proper AFL level quality, too fumbly.

That’s his actual projected 22 game AFL stats based on time on ground this year.

In the VFL he tends to play more midfield time than he does at AFL level.

I still don’t think he’s proper AFL level quality, too fumbly.
So he's averaging 16 touches playing in the midfield?

Not sure how he'd even get time in there if that's true.

As for the time on ground, he's coming on as the sub when he's fresh. I highly doubt he'd be a 25-30 goal a year forward.

Only 40 players kicked 30 goals or more this year.

So he's averaging 16 touches playing in the midfield?

Not sure how he'd even get time in there if that's true.

As for the time on ground, he's coming on as the sub when he's fresh. I highly doubt he'd be a 25-30 goal a year forward.

Only 40 players kicked 30 goals or more this year.
Believe what you want, check his stats and see how many times he came on fresh. Spoiler alert - it wasn’t many.

Fancy a Melbourne supporter knowing more about a Melbourne player than a St. Kilda supporter.

Has a rare combination of genuine pace and really good endurance which means he can be good defensively. Might even get that to very good if he picks up on defenders moves and can really get involved in that aspect.

Offensively it's a work in progress but he was noticeably better this year. Doesn't get huge numbers but plays a class above at VFL level. And surprisingly handy at centre bounces.

If he sorts out the occasional fumble or trick handball situation and he's a chance for a least 50 consecutive games at a reasonably level, if not more.

A pick that Melbourne can use, upgrade or shuffle in to a future draft would be ideal, rather than the straight up pick 60+

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the concensus for Bobby Hill is a 2nd rounder, surely Bedford would be about a 3rd. Hill wouldn’t be that much of an upgrade on Bedford I wouldn’t think

Pretty much guaranteed best 22 barring a disaster of a preseason. Not much competition for this spot in the side.
It'll make draft night interesting too. If Cadman is taken with pick 1, do you take the mid or Sheezel?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back