Toby Greene… again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Greene getting suspended & Buddy being let off is an absolute scandal!! Selwood will probably get off too the dog!!

Selwood got a $3000 fine.

Campaigner always seems to injure people with football incidents, oh just decided to have my studs in the air
Greene getting suspended & Buddy being let off is an absolute scandal!! Selwood will probably get off too the dog!!

Get with the program mate, Sellsie got the tick off hours ago.....

Selwood charged 13 times in his career, found guilty 12 times. Luckiest player in the league.

Dangerfield copped 3 weeks at the start of the season.
How many times has Selwood and Dangerfield been fined when he should have been suspended, as others would have. How many times have they not been cited when they should have, as others would have.

Seems a correct outcome, could argue the toss on one vs two weeks.
Found it bizarre that people tried to run with the 'if it was anyone other than Greene' narrative, he deliberately went the sharp elbow to an opponent's windpipe.

People were comparing it with precedents. In past cases, they’ve been thrown out.

We need to treat on ball / off ball incidents differently. This is an on ball incident with players arms going all over the place, whilst attacking or defending the ball.

It will be thrown out on appeal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just want to know where people think his right arm should have been? even tucked in even more tightly to the body, Dangerfield was going to be hit by it, and there was nowhere else it could have been without being broken off.

Photoshop Dangerfield out of this picture and tell me what is wrong with Greene’s body positioning. What else could he have done with his arm?

View attachment 1198864
He could have kept it by his side, where it was a moment before he decided to raise it.

It's these sort of incidents that convince me there is no intelligent life on Big Footy.....and some of the comments that are made about Selwood make Taylor Walker the master of vocabulary...

How was that different to Dangerfield in the GF last year?
Neither should have been suspended imo but they are different.

Greene's was a fend off having won the footy. Dangerfield's arm was extended having just punched the footy. Can't back out of the contest with his man behind him, his arm can't disparate from its raised position either.

IMV both were accidents resulting from players having won the footy. Should reward guys doing that. Not look to suspend them or give a free kick ala contact below the knees

This was only a fine, and it wasn't in live play. Makes it hard to understand 2 weeks for Greene when you look at this, Fritsch and Dangers actions.

FMD it shits me so much how a bloke like green gets 2 weeks for sh*t a Geelong player wouldn't get a week for.

Selwood was a 2 week offense and greens was a free kick against at worst.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Greene should have been fined for it. There is always a risk raising your elbow to protect yourself.

But 2 weeks vs Selwood getting a fine for intentionally hitting the head is a farce.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back