Toby Greene… again.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Look we all get defensive over the media no doubt.
But they are actively going after Greene for something that they have defended others on.

To be fair, many in the media were also calling for Selwood to be suspended and seen a few saying 2 weeks for Greene was way too harsh.

But they are actively going after Greene for something that they have defended others on.
I love him as a player,just thought it was a week.

Selwood getting off is a joke but there is another thread for that.

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Why is it so predictable? As Herne Hill Hammer pointed out Selwood has Ben reported 13 times for 12 suspensions. If anything, it’s against the trend for Selwood. But keep on espousing lies.

I hope Greene gets off, but I do ask why does he constantly push the envelope? Is he uncoordinated? Unlucky? Or is he a thug?
Yeah - I'm the liar.

Theo X

Premiership Player
Jan 18, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
East Wedderburn Trugo Club
Can he get extra weeks for appealing and failing?
Selwood's bump was insufficient force, should've been thrown out.

Mar 27, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Greene getting 2 weeks for that action is a Joke, Dangerfield did that to Greene it wouldn’t even have come up, Fritsch of Dees did the same thing on Powell for the Roos who went off concussed and he didn’t get sighted, MRO is an embarrassment

Let’s hope he gets off at the tribunal

Last edited:
He has been found guilty 12 times not suspended 12 times... Very different things and if anything proves exactly what people are saying.

It also proves that he is one of if not the most dirty player in the AFL. I can't imagine many other players have been reported 13 times?
One of those was for slapping his brother

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

King went hard against the AFL last night. Said Greene and Selwood both deserved a week but the ridiculous let offs for the high fend offs this year meant Greene should actually be cleared to play.

Said its a mess and Christian should be replaced and the terrible, vague rules need fixing with actual protection of the head the key.

Was very hard not to agree with him.

Mar 5, 2015
West of Woop Woop
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Marconi, Arsenal, GreenEdge
What are the consistencies? Head high contact? Yes. What else?

Dangerfield punches the ball and in the process makes high contact to Vlastuin who is charging towards him. Call it accidental, but not careless. It wasn’t a fend off by Dangerfield, whereas Greene raised his elbow to fend off Dangerfield and struck him in the throat. Call it careless at worst.

High fends offs are risky.

I know posters loath Dangerfield but take your blinkers off
I for one respect Danger and loathe Greene as the dirty rotten grub campaigner he is. And he deserves having the book thrown at him for this incident. AGAIN. But Joel and Buddy should also have been rubbed for their actions too.

Clearly a blinkered and biased set of decisions.

Imagine a Richmond bloke doing what Greene and Selwood did?

He would be a serial killer by the end of the week,the media would go hard.
Talk about giant chips on shoulder. Cotchin and Lynch come to mind as recipients of favourable reviews

Wasn't Dangerfield on trial for the Murder of Adelaide's Jake Kelly earlier in the year? Or at least that what Danger thought.

Imagine if a Richmond poster wandered into the thread and tried to make it about Richmond.

It'd be just like every other thread on the main board.

Gazza Greatness

Premium Platinum
Oct 11, 2008
Werribee
AFL Club
Geelong
I thought Fritsch should have been suspended and am no fan of Greene, but if Fritsch got off then so should Greene.

With Fritsch getting off at start of year it set the precedence of players getting off for rest of year including Buddy getting off a couple of weeks ago. ApplecrossWC I also agree that Greene should get off, but no good thing he will, being Greene and reset button for start of next years AFL season by clamping down on elbows and fists to the head with suspensions rather than heavy fines but NOT this year for the reasons outlined. As far as I'm concerned the AFL tribunal/appeals have brought on their own issues/controversies in this area this year, if players are suspended in this years finals for similar offences all hell will break loose..

Back