Play Nice Toby Greene and "protecting the space"

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I've brushed through most pages of this thread. Going through most of the responses of those who are backing Greene of his actions, there seems to be 2 false misconceptions:

1. How is his action any different from kicking/kneeing someone when going for a mark?
- main difference is kicking someone at the front is A LOT worse than kicking someone at the back (accidental/intentional)
- back is protected by the skull/spine/muscles
- front eyes/nose/mouth/throat are exposed and likely to cop a serious injury if there is any impact to these regions. Potentially: ruptured eyeballs, broken nose, busted lip, broken teeth, windpipe trauma
- front abdomen more prone to being damaged if kicked here. Potentially bruised/ruptured spleen/liver.

2. No different with his actions using a foot, than an arm to fend off?
- main difference is that with the arm fend-off, it stops the opposition's momentum; with a foot in the air, it also helps to stop the opposition's momentum BUT with a much greater chance of causing bodily damage.
- imagine running towards an outstretched hand (open palm), and imagine running towards an outstretched foot with hard shoes...which would you rather?

If you train in martial arts, and I presume Greene has some awareness of this in some form, you'd know that it can be a lethal weapon once a foot in the air makes contact to exposed body parts. Dirty act, dangerous act, against the AFL's concussion agenda, needs to stop.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back