Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PP34

Finals MVP
Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
He should’ve got 3+ last week. He’s lucky he’s only getting one this week. We’ve seen how the NRL punishes eye gougers.

Your pretty much saying everyone should be able to eye gouge from now on because they f’ed up last week.
Yes, thet set a precedent last week by not even looking at Greene for eye gouging.

So for them to rub him out this week for a similar incident where to my eyes there was clearly less hand around eyes is absolutely ludicrous.

Has there been any incidents similar to these two by Greene? Not to my knowledge.

They set a precedent last week and this week decided to make things up again.

It’s classic bullshit by the AFL. The same *******s that one week laughed at Ben Stratton pinching a player, then two weeks later rub him out for it.

They are ******* clowns.

The Lions should be absolutely furious. Greene playing cost them a prelim.

mcnulty

Senior List
Sep 18, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
In horse racing parlance, that appeal would have been considered "frivolous". No doubt Gillies was being paid by the hour- what a load of crap!

As a neutral, part of me wanted to see Greene get off, simply for the theatre it would have added to Saturday's game. But that would've been an injustice, and obscured from the historical record the fact that Toby Greene is in fact a filthy little face raking grub.

PP34

Finals MVP
Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Different charges yeah? Did you read that bit.

Tribunal let him off on serious misconduct... shoulda been charged with unnecessary cont to the eye region the first time.

Serious misconduct, referred straight to the Tribunal means AFL says let him off.

Chrisso knows now
Which sums up what a ******* joke they are.

Ignored much more obvious contact to the eye last week. This week charge him for it.

What a pathetic bunch of individuals with no idea.

HairyO

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
There was no "idiocy" though.

They intentionally gave Greene one of the all time biggest "Get out of Gaol Free" cards.

Then he showed that he didn't learn his lesson by doing something similarly brazen and cowardly.

As Leigh Matthews said, why the hell is anyone surprised at this outcome?
Brisbane and Collingwood Premiership coach says....

BobHawk

Club Legend
May 29, 2010
The Tree Lodge
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
SF 49ers, Arsenal
The tribunal took all of 15 minutes to make the decision after hearing 2 hours of evidence. Probably made a cuppa and had a few laugh at GWS. They made up their mind on Saturday night. The AFL was lenient towards Greene after the Bulldogs game and when a player blatantly doubles down, as Greene did, he was never going to get away with it. Regardless of whether Neale was hurt or not. I am surprised they didn't give Greene an extra week just in case GWS makes the GF because he wouldn't deserve to be there if they do.

Elmer_Judd

#Teague2020
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Clawing at someone's face isn't 'old school footy'. Nothing nostalgic about that unless you're a f*cking weirdo.
Your version of events differs from mine.

Regardless, I will look forward to seeing the great man back in action in 2020, now my favourite non Carlton player. Hopefully he learns from this and can try rein in his white line fever.
This incident could actually elevate him into an even better and well rounded player.

Alfonz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
View attachment 748914

More than enough evidence if you choose not to ignore it.
I though Neale was down on the ground due to what happened before the incident on trial. Greene came in with a swinging arm and struck Neale in the face. You could argue he should have got one week for striking, irrespective of the face rake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goats

Premiership Player
Jun 7, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He was late in a tackle? Oh, definitely worth a week for being late in a tackle. And the ferociousness of the hit on the face, which... didnt even draw blood or bruise?

So a punch can have "contact below force required", but contact to the eye region does not?
EXACTLY!!

Stax on the mill

Premiership Player
Jul 13, 2008
Strathmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Which sums up what a ******* joke they are.

Ignored much more obvious contact to the eye last week. This week charge him for it.

What a pathetic bunch of individuals with no idea.
So your rationale is that because they f’ed up for a worse incident last week, then they should let him off this week for what you say, and I agree is a lesser offence? Does that carry through for the rest of his career, that he should never be suspended because the tribunal stuffed it up last week? Makes a lot of sense.

PP34

Finals MVP
Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
So your rationale is that because they f’ed up for a worse incident last week, then they should let him off this week for what you say, and I agree is a lesser offence? Does that carry through for the rest of his career, that he should never be suspended because the tribunal stuffed it up last week? Makes a lot of sense.
No. It means they didn’t think a worse incident was worthy of a suspension so how the fu** can they think a lesser one is without coming out and saying they got it wrong.

The Lions because of this should be absolutely filthy at the AFL.

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
Well done AFL on being a shambolic embarrassment time after time.

If it was any other player they’d be playing this week.

What a deadset ******* disgrace.
Doubt any other player in the league is stupid enough to do the same act the week after being fined for something similar? Toby Greene will always be Toby Greene, never learns.

Outback Footy

All Australian
Mar 5, 2015
West of Woop Woop
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Marconi, Arsenal, GreenEdge
Well done AFL on being a shambolic embarrassment time after time.

If it was any other player they’d be playing this week.

What a deadset ******* disgrace.
2 things;
1. No other player does this
2. He should have been rubbed for two last week against the dogs, much worse.

PP34

Finals MVP
Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Doubt any other player in the league is stupid enough to do the same act the week after being fined for something similar? Toby Greene will always be Toby Greene, never learns.
How does that have any relevance?

Christ you Bulldogs fans have an obsession.

ashep

Premiership Player
Jun 15, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Hey Leon - and GWS fans - maybe now's your chance to come out and rather than say "we love the way he plays, don't change a thing", perhaps we could hear "hey dipstick, you're a great player, but let's get this scratching and clawing at players' heads shit out of your game ok?"

Ah, who am I kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom