(Log in to remove this ad.)

ThePhreshOne

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I think it's ridiculous that there are people in here who seriously would judge this mans character based on his on-field behaviour, I mean, once you pass that white line you're an AFL player and anything you do on the field should reflect on your ability to play the game only. I can understand if the total $25,000 in fines and 7 games worth of suspensions would make you judge the man but that's all on-field. Can't we just judge a mans character based on who he is off the field?

Oh wait..

Outback Footy

All Australian
Mar 5, 2015
West of Woop Woop
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Marconi, Arsenal, GreenEdge
Okay so why did they send him to the tribunal this week?
Wow. You seriously haven't followed this have you. For those who haven't been keeping up at home. This week MRO pinged him, GWS appealed which is what took it to the tribunal. They lost and appealed again. Lost twice on appeal is what that means.

Fredbear mail

Draftee
Dec 8, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
The way I read all this is very simple. The AFL have no idea of what they are doing and have a hand in all the decisions. To say you get a fairs hearing is complete nonsense. It’s clear the evidence before the tribunal was in Toby s favour, however he was found guilty. What he AFL are saying is that Lauchie Neale is a liar and Greene was trying to rip his eye out. If you really look at the facts this is complete nonsense and it’s a witch hunt against Toby Greene.
If we go back 3 weeks The Bont had nothing to answer for his ferocious attack on Nick Haines. Broke his throat. Why The Bont was in contention to win a medal. We then turn our attention to One of the biggest thugs in the game Tom Hawkins. A blatant dirty round house punch which receives 1 week. Dirty Hawkins allowed to play in the Grand Final if the Cats a good enough. No challenge from the AFL to increase his sentence. Again we ask why. All Australian. Gerard Wheatley follows the Cats. Perhaps Patrick Dangerfield s being the Players Associations Rep. and his comments saved the day.
Whatever the reason for the witch hunt on Toby Greene we will never know, but I can say one thing it’s great to have friends in high places just ask Gary Ablett. An elbow to the head was deemed as a fend off.

rippersnipper

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wow. You seriously haven't followed this have you. For those who haven't been keeping up at home. This week MRO pinged him, GWS appealed which is what took it to the tribunal. They lost and appealed again. Lost twice on appeal is what that means.
I have been following it but I forgot that they handed out the sanctions on Saturday/sunday. The issue is that last week they offered him a fine and then this week a potentially lesser action has merited a different outcome. Why is there a difference? Neither precedence nor evidence should have led to this result.

Adz

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
What a travesty the decision was. Toby is a dirty player, yes, and I think he shouldn't even have played against Brisbane, but let's just focus on the report. Apparently Neale says he didn't gouge or even touch his eyes? So they don't believe him either? Video footage doesn't show anything. Any objective assessment would clear Toby. Really damaged the credibility of the MRO and perhaps the AFL.
Neale will be getting a hefty fine I suspect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fredbear mail

Draftee
Dec 8, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
It’s time the AFL washed their blood from their hands. Gillian and put a sock in it Hocking can not run the AFL and their incompetence continues grow. Gillian will leave a legacy of.
1. Bad rule Changes
2. Bad Tribunal and Match review decisions

A legacy of high taxes and fines. Reminds me a little of the Victorian Government

Chief

Admin
Dec 1, 1999
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
How many times do people have to be told? Last week should have had zero relevance.

But of course the AFL has no idea how to run a consistent credible MRP/tribunal.
Zero relevance for the tribunal maybe, and even then only in working out if he actually did it.

Any system that ignores history when it decides punishment is flawed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom