Live Event Toby Greene fronts the tribunal - Suspension appeal

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lions because of this should be absolutely filthy at the AFL.
They should, Greene absolutely should have been rubbed out last week.

Hey Leon - and GWS fans - maybe now's your chance to come out and rather than say "we love the way he plays, don't change a thing", perhaps we could hear "hey dipstick, you're a great player, but let's get this scratching and clawing at players' heads s**t out of your game ok?"

Ah, who am I kidding.

No. It means they didn’t think a worse incident was worthy of a suspension so how the fu** can they think a lesser one is without coming out and saying they got it wrong.

The Lions because of this should be absolutely filthy at the AFL.
Yes, Lions should be filthy. However just because the tribunal stuffed up last week, doesn’t mean they should perpetuate their error by repeating it. They got it right this week, last week no.

You could infer that Jeffery J Gleeson QC erred in his assessment that the Bontempelli was worthy of a fine only when the Neale Incident was found worthy of a week, thrice!!! Perhaps Jeffery could consider returning to to QC Tafe to hone his skills and then most of this whole palava would have been averted.

If it's any consolation for GWS they probably would've lost on Saturday even with Greene playing, the umpires will be doing their best to get Collingwood across the line to set up the blockbuster GF with Richmond.
Red eye leaves for Auckland at 11.30 tonight Plugger. You’ve just enough time to buy a one way ticket and join your other whingeing compatriots.

AFL making sure Collingwood through to another GF, another GF they will no doubt lose.

Quite frankly there is little point playing this weekend

So what the MRO, tribunal and now appeals board show is that no rational or sane person can find Toby Greene not guilty. Take off the anti Collingwood goggles and everyone would see this also.

They can’t for some it is like anti-semitism; deep seated, irrational and usually the product of a sick mind

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on. Neale’s fib and GWS’ petulance doesn’t change the footage, which is clear as day for those with a brain.
Spot on. That’s the angle that would have done him in. The scratching motion right over Neale’s eye is clear as day for all to see. The fact that Neale is shown literally with his hand over his eye in the immediate aftermath doesn’t help his case either.

Enjoying the conspiracy theories though.

Probably yeah. I’d imagine he was 100% on board
So what point exactly are you trying to make? If they reasonably believed he could get off, and both they and he know his inclusion would make a big difference, why would he turn around and say 'nah * it, go into this huge match without me'?

How does that have any relevance?

Christ you Bulldogs fans have an obsession.

Seriously? What obsession am I apparently meant to have or discussed? I couldn't care less about Greene or GWS. My point was simply about the fact that he never learns. To be reported like 16 times, shows that he crosses the line regularly. Bringing up a persons character, you know the type who somehow escaped jail for attacking someone, where many seem to think he is a great bloke, is a fair argument to bring up. Toby Greene is responsible for his own character, I didn't invent it or am trying to slander.

The point is, regardless whether last weeks action was worse. No one "accidentally" touches the face in a raking motion, unless a poorly placed hand in desperate reach out to grab hold of a players shirt, or they duck down. Not when sitting on top of someone who is on the ground, prone. Regardless whether Neale said he was injured or not. Its not always about the outcome, but the intent and actions within itself. The AFL ruled this week, that the actions of Greene's raking action, displayed a deliberate attempt, and that's a fair enough argument alone.

He faced the tribunal last week, got fined for his actions. It has total relevance to this week, and possible played playing a part in getting suspension. If you face court again the week after for any offence, having recommitted the same, they come down harder the next time. Stating a fact is nothing to do with obsession.

Last edited:
Hey Mofra, any chance Toby could be included in your Bottom 50 for 2019? Due to his stupidity, selfishness and innate filthy streak, he may have cost his team a Grand Final berth. Surely he must now come into Bottom 50 calculations?

Last edited:
So a punch can have "contact below force required", but contact to the eye region does not?
Yes, because you don’t have to be a doctor to know that eyes are delicate and you only get two of them.

Didn’t your parents ever explain to you how important your sight is?

You can get shoved in the chin 20 times a game by an opponent and walk off without injury, yet direct contact to the eye once from a fingernail could damage your sight for life.

If you lose your sight your life is irreversibly changed forever.

Greene should’ve got 5 weeks last week if the AFL had done the right thing.

Which sums up what a ******* joke they are.

Ignored much more obvious contact to the eye last week. This week charge him for it.

What a pathetic bunch of individuals with no idea.

Lots of Carlton supporters outraged here.

Shoulda got rubbed out the first time... agreed.

Got rubbed out the second week... cause they're playing the Pies...

All hell breaks loose.

#savethegouge

AFL making sure Collingwood through to another GF, another GF they will no doubt lose.

Quite frankly there is little point playing this weekend

No need to play the week after either, it seems.

Golly, what a season it was!

Yes, because you don’t have to be a doctor to know that eyes are delicate and you only get two of them.

Didn’t your parents ever explain to you how important your sight is?

You can get shoved in the chin 20 times a game by an opponent and walk off without injury, yet direct contact to the eye once from a fingernail could damage your sight for life.

If you lose your sight your life is irreversibly changed forever.

Greene should’ve got 5 weeks last week if the AFL had done the right thing.

and how many weeks for doing it again 6 days later after being let off with a fine and a warning?

1 week was weak imo

Still not sure as to what he's actually being suspended for.
Ummmmmm, really? here let me help;
"unnecessary contact with the eye region"
Lets break that down, unnecessary (3rd man into the tackle, reaches under and through team mates to reach Neals face - UNNECCESSARY
Contact - proven by the video
Eye region (note, not the eye), Neal came up clutching his nose and admitted contact to the nose.
Guilty as charged.

He chose to attack another players face, second week in a row in fact he chose to attack the oppositions leading midfielder. Hes a coward who only ever attacks smaller or helpless opponents, does it way too often and keeps getting fined where others would go a row. He got something of what he deserves.

Im hoping he sees his team beaten from the sidelines, feels like s**t, vows never to place his teammates in the same position and gets this s**t out of his game. Hes too good a player, doesn't need to do this s**t. I hope Im wrong but I think hes a serious psycho and will never change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back