Live Event Toby Greene fronts the tribunal - Suspension appeal

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saying, that I don't believe he is the type of guy to ever change his ways. He just has a violent streak in him. Dermie never did. Sicily probably won't. And I can't see Greene doing it either. These types of guys are just rough types. Whether they way they play and things they do are good or bad is in the eye of the beholder, but people like this sure does make the game entertaining.
Sure you were m8.

Cause you read the transcripts and know exactly what happened at Zagame’s.

Agreed, but let's be honest, what Toby has done or alleged to have done in the past 2 weeks, whilst a bit unsavoury, does not constitute being sacked/banned from the AFL altogether (like a few in this thread have suggested), not by a long chalk.

Some people need to call off their Dogs (so to speak) and give the lad a chance to try clean up his act. And I admit he does have a problem with his temper, nothing that I honestly think cannot be fixed with Toby, but it is all up to him..
Hes been charged 18 times FFS. Hes had plenty of chances and one could easily argue that by letting him off so often the AFL have condoned his s**t, actively encouraged it in fact, the villain is good for crowds after all.

I haven't argued he should be banned for life. I have argued the tribunal was clearly at fault for just fining him again, he was incredibly stupid doing it again, and he wont stop unless theres a real penalty. Costing him a prelim, maybe costing his team their first granny, now that's a penalty. I hope they lose this week so that he has a loooong time to think about his behaviour. Id love to see him playing clean, hes a very skilful unit who simply doesn't need to do it.

But I doubt he'll ever change, seems ingrained.

Agreed, but let's be honest, what Toby has done or alleged to have done in the past 2 weeks, whilst a bit unsavoury, does not constitute being sacked/banned from the AFL altogether (like a few in this thread have suggested), not by a long chalk.

Some people need to call off their Dogs (so to speak) and give the lad a chance to try clean up his act. And I admit he does have a problem with his temper, nothing that I honestly think cannot be fixed with Toby, but it is all up to him..

A bit unsavoury? What was it going to take, a serious eye injury before he finally got a week? Smh. Greene is a repeat offending grub and the afl have finally stomped on him. It's about time too.

What a travesty the decision was. Toby is a dirty player, yes, and I think he shouldn't even have played against Brisbane, but let's just focus on the report. Apparently Neale says he didn't gouge or even touch his eyes? So they don't believe him either? Video footage doesn't show anything. Any objective assessment would clear Toby. Really damaged the credibility of the MRO and perhaps the AFL.
Poor Toby.

Yeah, I misread the article I was reading. The point remains that there is no clear evidence.

There was pretty clear evidence in the Bont video. Just as clear I'd argue. He also had a black eye allegedly from the incident.
Hang on. Which is it? "No evidence" or "Pretty clear evidence", "Just as clear" in both cases?

Its OK, logic not necessary, this is BF after all.

I think it's ridiculous that there are people in here who seriously would judge this mans character based on his on-field behaviour, I mean, once you pass that white line you're an AFL player and anything you do on the field should reflect on your ability to play the game only. I can understand if the total $25,000 in fines and 7 games worth of suspensions would make you judge the man but that's all on-field. Can't we just judge a mans character based on who he is off the field?

Oh wait..

Okay so why did they send him to the tribunal this week?
Wow. You seriously haven't followed this have you. For those who haven't been keeping up at home. This week MRO pinged him, GWS appealed which is what took it to the tribunal. They lost and appealed again. Lost twice on appeal is what that means.

The way I read all this is very simple. The AFL have no idea of what they are doing and have a hand in all the decisions. To say you get a fairs hearing is complete nonsense. It’s clear the evidence before the tribunal was in Toby s favour, however he was found guilty. What he AFL are saying is that Lauchie Neale is a liar and Greene was trying to rip his eye out. If you really look at the facts this is complete nonsense and it’s a witch hunt against Toby Greene.
If we go back 3 weeks The Bont had nothing to answer for his ferocious attack on Nick Haines. Broke his throat. Why The Bont was in contention to win a medal. We then turn our attention to One of the biggest thugs in the game Tom Hawkins. A blatant dirty round house punch which receives 1 week. Dirty Hawkins allowed to play in the Grand Final if the Cats a good enough. No challenge from the AFL to increase his sentence. Again we ask why. All Australian. Gerard Wheatley follows the Cats. Perhaps Patrick Dangerfield s being the Players Associations Rep. and his comments saved the day.
Whatever the reason for the witch hunt on Toby Greene we will never know, but I can say one thing it’s great to have friends in high places just ask Gary Ablett. An elbow to the head was deemed as a fend off.

Wow. You seriously haven't followed this have you. For those who haven't been keeping up at home. This week MRO pinged him, GWS appealed which is what took it to the tribunal. They lost and appealed again. Lost twice on appeal is what that means.
I have been following it but I forgot that they handed out the sanctions on Saturday/sunday. The issue is that last week they offered him a fine and then this week a potentially lesser action has merited a different outcome. Why is there a difference? Neither precedence nor evidence should have led to this result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a travesty the decision was. Toby is a dirty player, yes, and I think he shouldn't even have played against Brisbane, but let's just focus on the report. Apparently Neale says he didn't gouge or even touch his eyes? So they don't believe him either? Video footage doesn't show anything. Any objective assessment would clear Toby. Really damaged the credibility of the MRO and perhaps the AFL.
Neale will be getting a hefty fine I suspect.

It’s time the AFL washed their blood from their hands. Gillian and put a sock in it Hocking can not run the AFL and their incompetence continues grow. Gillian will leave a legacy of.
1. Bad rule Changes
2. Bad Tribunal and Match review decisions

A legacy of high taxes and fines. Reminds me a little of the Victorian Government

How many times do people have to be told? Last week should have had zero relevance.

But of course the AFL has no idea how to run a consistent credible MRP/tribunal.
Zero relevance for the tribunal maybe, and even then only in working out if he actually did it.

Any system that ignores history when it decides punishment is flawed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back