Live Event Toby Greene fronts the tribunal - Suspension appeal

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why did Greene put his hands into the face of his of Neale anyway.
He wasn't the tackler. Neale is pinned to the ground....do you think he was wiping his nose for him?
it was opportunistic. Tobes saw Neale on the ground being tackled and thought "I can get away with fingering this campaigner's eyeballs!"

It is a contact sport and he is a good player, but going at peoples eyes and face when they are lying on the ground is not tough, it's a piss weak act.

Of course he shouldn't be banned for life, but people not liking someone who goes at peoples faces, has been fined for spitting in the past and has assaulted someone with crutches doesn't seem that strange to me.
He’s good in the villain role. People actually want him banned from the game, even though he hasn’t really done anything to deserve that. To inspire that level of animosity speaks volumes for how well he plays the villain.

True, although their conclusions are rarely based on any rigorously applied legal standards.

On LG-H930 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Is that so? Please expand upon your reasoning for your assertion, by way of citing some examples where Collingwood supporters, such as myself, have offered an opinion that isnt considering the legal definitions and procedures in Greenes case in appeal, and offering an opinion based upon the facts as they are known? Id love to hear it

Or were you just making a gross generalisation to jump on the bandwagon because you have nothing considered to offer to the discussion?

I dont understand how anyone can in all reasonableness consider that Collingwood - or Richmond either for that matter - have anything to do with Toby Greene and his complete lack of discipline or (un)sportsmanlike conduct? It really is a long bow
Not suggesting any impropriety, but having the MRO and also 2 out of 3 (ie. majority) of the tribunal panel members being ex Collingwood players is 'interesting' considering who GWS are playing this week in the PF. A cynical view would be that this gross over-representation on the Match Review/ Tribunal has influenced the apparent inconsistency between last week's and this week's charges and verdicts. Unless I've missed it, nobody seems to have raised this blatant conflict of interest.
However, I personally think the apparent inconsistency has been more media-driven than anything else. Toby Greene's actions have been pretty dumb and arguably grubby, so he probably deserves what he's got, but it looks to me that the evidence in this latest case is speculative or inconclusive at best.

He’s good in the villain role. People actually want him banned from the game, even though he hasn’t really done anything to deserve that. To inspire that level of animosity speaks volumes for how well he plays the villain.
Stick to the theatre matey.
Villian? This 'aint the Pirates of Penzance.

I don't want him banned from the game I just don't want to see him continue with his dirty dangerous play.
Play football.

Hasn't done anything? You obviously don't know sh*t.
This player has been found guilty of spitting at a player, dropping his knees into a players kidneys, clawing at opponents faces whilst they are helplessly pinned down, making contact with an umpire, striking behind play, concussing a player by striking with a late spoil, pushing a player into the fence, jumper punching, several melees, charging/bumping a player off the ball etc
He also committed an assault off the ground - even kicked the guy in the head- the bloke he assaulted hasn't been able to return to work.
You have a strange perception of sport matey.

Stick to the theatre matey.
Villian? This 'aint the Pirates of Penzance.

I don't want him banned from the game I just don't want to see him continue with his dirty dangerous play.
Play football.

Hasn't done anything? You obviously don't know sh*t.
This player has been found guilty of spitting at a player, dropping his knees into a players kidneys, clawing at opponents faces whilst they are helplessly pinned down, making contact with an umpire, striking behind play, concussing a player by striking with a late spoil, pushing a player into the fence, jumper punching, several melees, charging/bumping a player off the ball etc
He also committed an assault off the ground - even kicked the guy in the head- the bloke he assaulted hasn't been able to return to work.
You have a strange perception of sport matey.
Your post perfectly illustrates my point. Thank you.

Not suggesting any impropriety, but having the MRO and also 2 out of 3 (ie. majority) of the tribunal panel members being ex Collingwood players is 'interesting' considering who GWS are playing this week in the PF. A cynical view would be that this gross over-representation on the Match Review/ Tribunal has influenced the apparent inconsistency between last week's and this week's charges and verdicts. Unless I've missed it, nobody seems to have raised this blatant conflict of interest.
However, I personally think the apparent inconsistency has been more media-driven than anything else. Toby Greene's actions have been pretty dumb and arguably grubby, so he probably deserves what he's got, but it looks to me that the evidence in this latest case is speculative or inconclusive at best.
No not at all...
Then why do you bring it up - a disgusting slur.

(Isn't Lenny Hayes the midfield coach - didn't he instruct him to go after the Bont in the previous game? - maybe Lenny giving him Bakers old notes on how to play football) See how easy it is to slur?

Hmmm - last year Greene was reported in the first final GWS V Sydney for dropping his knees into Heeneys back - got off with a fine, so was able to play the Pies the following week in the 2nd Semi- Christian was MRO then too... obviously biased

2nd Semi 2018 - Played on Maynard - got 9 possessions for the entire game. Up to and including that match that time Greene had played the Pies six times - only scored one goal in total. Got reported for fighting with Adams after the siren too - guess what? Another fine.

Stick to lying in the mud at Moorabbin behind the grassy knoll...

Last edited:
Assuming Toby Greene can somehow clean up his act and somehow not get involved in any unsavoury and or controversial incidents in the next 2 years, people will still find a way to hate on him anyway.

I also don't understand why Dogs fans are still mad at him over the boots in Dahlhaus incident, considering how disruptive Dahlhaus was in his final year at the Dogs (didn't Bob Murphy call him out for being a flog ?) before exiting in acrimonious circumstances ? I find that a bit weird tbh

The fact that you find it "weird" that Dogs fans would dislike Greene because of how things ended with us and Dahlhaus sums up your backwards logic pretty well. Nobody hates Greene because of any affinity with any of his victims, they hate him because of his actions. It's as simple as that.

The guy is a grub who strikes, spits, headbutts, eye gouges, pulls hair, knees downed opponents, king hits and even assaults people in nightclubs with 'weapons'.

If you think Dogs fans are some of the most vocal about him, it's probably because we have seen his despicable actions up close more than any other fan base.

One thing all his violent actions have in common is that his victim is defenceless and vulnerable, without the ability to fight back in every single one.

A lot of Collingwood fans have become legal experts in the last couple of days. Still means nothing here, the tribunal can come to whatever conclusion they wish.

Also, if the charge is ‘unreasonable contact to the eye region’ and the victim can’t recall any contact to their eye region, it raises doubts about the integrity of the charge.
Except for the video of him doing it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that you find it "weird" that Dogs fans would dislike Greene because of how things ended with us and Dahlhaus sums up your backwards logic pretty well. Nobody hates Greene because of any affinity with any of his victims, they hate him because of his actions. It's as simple as that.

The guy is a grub who strikes, spits, headbutts, eye gouges, pulls hair, knees downed opponents, king hits and even assaults people in nightclubs with 'weapons'.

If you think Dogs fans are some of the most vocal about him, it's probably because we have seen his despicable actions up close more than any other fan base.

One thing all his violent actions have in common is that his victim is defenceless and vulnerable, without the ability to fight back in every single one.
THIS...:thumbsu:

No one will remember Toby 5 years after he retires

When Libba Jr was being shopped around, Richmond people didn't want him because his Dad was a dirty campaigner 20 years ago :p
Unfortunately I think he will end up in trouble post AFL.
Already brought up previously on assault charges outside football and his attitude and behaviour seems to indicate that he can't control his own actions.
When he hasn't got the safety net of a football club to support him he could crash and burn in a big way ala Cousins.
I hope not.

Last edited:
Well that is fair enough, and I do agree he really needs to spend a large part of the pre season seeing a shrink/getting anger management counselling.

Toby at the very least deserves an opportunity to try change and mend his ways, it's amazing how bogan Dane Swan got forgiven for beating up a cleaner at Red Square with his mates, but what Toby did to that security guard (which is 100 % indefensible and out of line) at a similar age seems to forever be associated with Greene..

I find the whole hypocrisy and double standards of it all extremely distasteful.
Whataboutism didn’t work with your mother and it won’t here.

Saw the footage...that could easily be explained as accidental. If it wasn't Greene, and if not for the Bont thing, it wouldn't even be looked at. His reputation etc should have no bearing. It's a bit ridiculous, no consistency, but that's how the game is umpired, so no surprises.

Saw the footage...that could easily be explained as accidental. If it wasn't Greene, and if not for the Bont thing, it wouldn't even be looked at. His reputation etc should have no bearing. It's a bit ridiculous, no consistency, but that's how the game is umpired, so no surprises.
BS.
Show me another example where a bloke is fourth man in. After play has stopped.
And does that.

You won't be able to show me because it doesn't happen.

Greene is a unique kind of dirty player.

Clear contact with the eye there but those in denial in this thread will tell you that it never happened.

I wonder how many people still haven't seen that angle?

It seems that people are either staking their arguments on incomplete evidence or aren't playing with a full deck. Because that angle is clear that he made contact with the eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back