Toby Greene makes contact with umpire - Update: Suspension Increased to 6 weeks on Appeal

What will happen to Toby?

• Gone - 4 weeks or more

Votes: 129 24.3%
  • Gone - 1-3 weeks

Votes: 278 52.5%
  • Fine only

Votes: 99 18.7%
  • Innocent - play on.

Votes: 24 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Soggy2112

Club Legend
Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Would just like the AFL to rub the action out not pick and choose the penalty based on the offender like we see with head hits
That’s what they did. Greene’s action was significantly worse than Neale’s. Therefore the punishment was much more significant, I personally think that Neale should have gotten a week but he was still punished.

There’s no picking and choosing based on who did it here, Greene’s action was rightly assessed as worse and given a harsher penalty.

Btw repeat offenders absolutely should be given harsher penalties. It’s perfectly fair that if you continually fu** up and don’t attempt to learn and improve you should be treated more harshly than a first offender.

situationz

Senior List
Apr 9, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne, Golden State Warriors
A three-week ban is already over-the-top for an act that's merely disrespectful, not dangerous – and a six-week ban is beyond laughable.
Plus I'm really not a fan of the AFL being able to appeal "inadequate" penalties to begin with.

Soggy2112

Club Legend
Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
8 weeks for shattering a players jaw off the ball
6 weeks for bumping an umpire

I get why they want to stamp this behaviour out but the whole system just seems weird
I think six weeks was correct for Greene, I also think that you should get more than 8 for breaking a players jaw off the ball, doesn’t mean Greene didn’t deserve six.

Outback Footy

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2015
West of Woop Woop
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Marconi, Arsenal, GreenEdge
Not defending him, he deserves the 6 weeks

Neale deserved it to
No Neales actions were completely different, in effect and in motivation. And you know it. Neale could argue he was hard done by even getting fined, but something was required, so I'll say a fine was fair enough. He did touch the ump, to ALERT HIM THAT HE WAS BLEEDING! So the blood rule could be actioned.

You know all this. Youve been told a milion times. Youre just stirring sh*te now.

Goodbye.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad