Play Nice Toby Greene

Remove this Banner Ad

He always reminded me a little of Hannebery, ordinary disposal by foot but otherwise has the character to grow, to dilute weaknesses with maturity through better shot selection and thereby become a more effective footballer and excellent clubman. Neither are robots either, unlikeable traits.

Both have exceeded my expectations and been able to maintain their place over the years in contenders. I thought that Greene might have just been a ball-magnet early bloomer.

His catch of breath and repose also always recalls Cousins for me.

He's definitely on the way, if he keeps playing the way he has he'll be definitely up there, but 29 goals last year and his efforts to date thus far this year can't put him ahead of Cyril, Puopolo, Eddie, Walters or Wingard IMO.
Orazio efforts to date?

Mate he's kicked 9 this year.

His efforts to date this season put him top 5.

Orazio efforts to date?

Mate he's kicked 9 this year.

His efforts to date this season put him top 5.

Small sample size is small sample size.

Going off your rationale Aaron Hall was the best player in the league this time last year.

I'm not saying that OF can't be top 5, but after two great games this season and a solid end to 2016 it might be a bit premature. He is climbing the rankings though.

On Toby Greene - he is the type of guy that the better he plays the more I wish ill against him.

Small sample size is small sample size.

Going off your rationale Aaron Hall was the best player in the league this time last year.

I'm not saying that OF can't be top 5, but after two great games this season and a solid end to 2016 it might be a bit premature. He is climbing the rankings though.

On Toby Greene - he is the type of guy that the better he plays the more I wish ill against him.
Did you read the post I quoted?

I think the strength that Greene has over most small forwards is his ability to act as an extra midfielder. Not many small forwards can average over 20 touches a game.

Is this thread in 2015 or something? How could anybody have Wingard or Walters ahead of Greene other than complete bias.
Greene has had one good year as a small forward since being drafted in 2012. If we based our opinion off last year in isolation then he'd probably be 1 or 2, but you need to take all factors into consideration.

Essendon fans are up and about at the moment, shoehorning circle jerks over their own players into threads completely irrelevantly.

Also, did you know Orazio 'razzle dazzle' fantasia is top 5???
Well if you judge on the 2017 rounds it's probably fair enough. But it's a very small sample.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But does he perform in losing sides, When GWS is playing bad is he part of the problem? Honest question.
Well, each game is its own story, but I would say that in general Toby tends to be one of the players who gives his all in losses. 2013 & 2015 were his 'down years', but since moving into the small forward role he has been much more consistent.

I don't think he is top 5 based on 2 games mate.
Again.

Did you even read the post I quoted?

The post I quoted said based on 29 last year and his efforts so far this year he's not top 5.

He's kicked 9 goals. His efforts so far this year have him top 5 for this year.

Again.

Did you even read the post I quoted?

The post I quoted said based on 29 last year and his efforts so far this year he's not top 5.

He's kicked 9 goals. His efforts so far this year have him top 5 for this year.
Ok.

If you are prepared to do a top 5 based on 2 games then you're just as silly as the people who legitimately get happy about being on top of the ladder after 2 rounds.

Hes only played as a small fwd for one season and was AA. What more can you do?
I've probably underrated him a bit to be fair. I just know that if I'm picking a team and need to pick a small forward I'd still have a few ahead of him.

Fantasia is top 5.
not yet, you don't become a top 5 small forward (or any position for that matter) after a couple games. If that were the case Merrett is a top 5 player in the comp atm.. You could say Fantasia is a top 5 small forward for this year but overall there's 5 or more better overall small forwards in my opinion

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back