Recommitted Toby McLean

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Mentioned by ESPN as someone Port should target.

What would he cost?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bloke that wrote the article clearly doesn't remember him doing his ACL during the back end of the season.

Prior to that I could have potentially seen him move for more midfield time, but not now given he will miss essentially all of 2021

Would have been in his interest to shop himself around to try and find more midfield minutes before his ACL. Would have been a nice fit for the Saints (prior to Crouch) or North.

Would have been in his interest to shop himself around to try and find more midfield minutes before his ACL. Would have been a nice fit for the Saints (prior to Crouch) or North.
Would be useful for the Hawks too

He's a very good player. Cruelly underrated.
In the last 5 minutes of that epic preliminary final v GWS he was superhuman. Had an awesome finals series in 2016, in fact with Picken I would say he was consistently best across all 4 games.
He would be a strange one to value, he's a true utility but is not in Bulldogs best starting midfield.
Maybe an early to mid 2nd rounder, not sure what the injury does to that value. He's young still and is one that is a great person outside of the club, never any behavioural issues with Toby.
I would hate to lose him.

We are a better side when he plays. Simple as that. Is adapting to a new role as a pressure, hard-nosed forward who can snag a goal or two here or there and tackles like a beast. Is a tough competitor and can play midfield too if needed.

I wouldn't begrudge him for leaving but can't see it happening anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back