Traded Toby Nankervis [traded to Richmond for pick 46]

Remove this Banner Ad

Can see the tigers trying to play Hammer and Nank together. one is great tap ruck, and only just OK around the ground and the other is reputedly the other way around. Loss of Ty means we have space for one more tall on the field.
So a good trade to me. Tigers get a guy that fits the list and required depth. Swans get a pic (not a good one though). Nankervis gets a shot at playing AFL every week, if he can do the job.

What did you think we should get though? In the end he's a third or fourth string ruckman for us. We don't want players because we're looking to develop rookies. It's about all we could expect.

Personally thought he was worth a pick in the 30s, he's gone past sinclair imo, and was very good in the finals, so is probably our 2nd string.

But even if he was 3rd string for us wouldnt be suprised if he is Richmonds #1 ruck by midway through next year, keeping in mind we are pretty excellent at developing Rucks, our ruck coach isn't known as the Ruck whisperer for nothing...

What did you think we should get though? In the end he's a third or fourth string ruckman for us. We don't want players because we're looking to develop rookies. It's about all we could expect.
More than we received obviously or I wouldn't have commented

Tbh, don't know too much about him, but getting a 24 year old ruckman who seems to have a good reputation from Sydney for pick 46 you can't complain.

Tbh, don't know too much about him, but getting a 24 year old ruckman who seems to have a good reputation from Sydney for pick 46 you can't complain.

Nankervis is 22, not 24.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep good pick up. I think he is a better prospect than Witts and it looks as though GC will be paying a little more.

annoyed Port didnt get in his ear.
we would have got him for peanuts as well...

but knowing us, we would have gone
pick 9 for Nankervis and 2 3rds (cos equal points, so we break even...:rolleyes:)

Similar situation to when Mumford left Geelong for Sydney. I hope it works out just as well.

Sydney may have lost out a little on points/picks, but this is an example of their superior culture.

They did the right thing by their 4th in line ruckman and their attitude to look after their players surely has a benefit in itself that transcends picks/points.

Yep good pick up. I think he is a better prospect than Witts and it looks as though GC will be paying a little more.
You can only pay what you have. If Richmond had a late 30's pick, they would have used that on Nankervis.

I find it stupid comparing trades, because all teams have different picks and a player nominates a club.

Rant over, great pick up by Richmond. Will give Hampson a run for his money.

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

You can only pay what you have. If Richmond had a late 30's pick, they would have used that on Nankervis.

I find it stupid comparing trades, because all teams have different picks and a player nominates a club.

Rant over, great pick up by Richmond. Will give Hampson a run for his money.

Nice rant, but I think Nankervis should have played in the GF. In fact, a few of my mates who are Swans supporters were disappointed he was dropped and would have preferred him over Tippett.

I think the Tigers got a good one here and I think he will be their number 1 ruck before the end of 2017.

You are right that you can only pay what you have available. Doesn't mean the Tigers didn't do well out of the deal.

Nice rant, but I think Nankervis should have played in the GF. In fact, a few of my mates who are Swans supporters were disappointed he was dropped and would have preferred him over Tippett.

I think the Tigers got a good one here and I think he will be their number 1 ruck before the end of 2017.

You are right that you can only pay what you have available. Doesn't mean the Tigers didn't do well out of the deal.
I would have played him over Tippett as well. I liked his Semi final against Adelaide. He was definitely unlucky.

Richmond won this trade easily. Though, its neither here or there. I would have wanted a pick closer to 30, but being a Swans supporter you get use to players being traded on the cheap.

Can see the tigers trying to play Hammer and Nank together. one is great tap ruck, and only just OK around the ground and the other is reputedly the other way around. Loss of Ty means we have space for one more tall on the field.
So a good trade to me. Tigers get a guy that fits the list and required depth. Swans get a pic (not a good one though). Nankervis gets a shot at playing AFL every week, if he can do the job.

Bet they do it for round 1 then drop Hampson.

Would have much rather keep Nanker and try and off load Sinclair, and pick 46 is a bit disapointing but hopefully richmond look after us when we go after one of their players in coming seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back