Past Toby Pink - delisted 2019

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
From the rookie draft thread:

The forward became a YouTube sensation in 2016, after kicking a miraculous 70m behind in Glenelg's under-18 grand final victory. A mobile, tall target at 195cm, Pink is also capable of roaming further down the ground. Composes himself well in front of goal and is strong overhead when marking the ball in contested situations.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Kinnear called him a punt at the end of the draft. I think he's just gunna help take some pressure of Rohan in GF's. Twice the sledging power needed to bring our tandem red heads down.

Too much to give him the nickname FireStarter?

Match20.jpg

Jeffers

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2002
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal/Penrith/LA Lakers
Wow looks really awkward from the video footage but i bet LRT looked the same in the very early days.

Welcome Pinky

I know we like to have some fun on this board, but comparisons to Rohan are just insulting.

He appears to be putting in effort in that grand final video

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Kinnear called him a punt at the end of the draft. I think he's just gunna help take some pressure of Rohan in GF's. Twice the sledging power needed to bring our tandem red heads down.

Ah thank god for that!
I thought I'd misheard what Beatson said & wondered why he would be so harsh on the kid!

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Brett Anderson who rivals Emma Quayle with regards to draft knowledge seemed fairly bullish about this kid...that's good enough for me.

I listened to Brett Anderson yesterday on SEN when they were going through each rookie picked from the first to the last.
His knowledge of these kids is absolutely first class & pretty much second to none. He just rattled off a description of some 50 odd relatively unknown footballers one by one.

I was left very impressed by the guy.

I listened to Brett Anderson yesterday on SEN when they were going through each rookie picked from the first to the last.
His knowledge of these kids is absolutely first class & pretty much second to none. He just rattled off a description of some 50 odd relatively unknown footballers one by one.

I was left very impressed by the guy.

He is a jet

Skeparovic

Club Legend
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
What do we think 2019 holds in store for Toby Pink? Will he impress enough to make a debut? Will he make a switch in reserves from forward group into defence? Anyone know which group he is training with (e.g. forwards)? Hope he manages to remain injury free and achieve what is his maximum potential is in 2019 (whatever that may be).

What do we think 2019 holds in store for Toby Pink? Will he impress enough to make a debut? Will he make a switch in reserves from forward group into defence? Anyone know which group he is training with (e.g. forwards)? Hope he manages to remain injury free and achieve what is his maximum potential is in 2019 (whatever that may be).

I don't think he will ever play AFL. Sorry to say but pretty sure this will be his last year.

Skeparovic

Club Legend
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Surprised he survived this off season tbh

I'm wondering why he did survive? Just like Rose, I think numerous fans expected Pink to be one of the number one candidates to be delisted and yet neither were. What do the Swans MRP see in him that have resulted in one more year on the rookie list? Admittedly it's extremely unlikely that he will make his debut in 2019, however it's not impossible given Rose played some games over recent years.

I thought he’s looked promising in the NEAFL games I’ve seen of him. Moves pretty good and works hard on and off the ball for a big bloke. Unfortunately he just can’t seem to stay on the park much, and he’s also got a bit of competition with youngins like McCartin, Blakey, Amartey and Cameron. Who knows if he’ll play an AFL game but I can definitely see why the club have stuck by their investment in him.

Back