Toby 'The Barometer' Nankveris - Is he our next captain?

Remove this Banner Ad

Some players would prefer their actions do the talking as a form of leadership rather than speaking in front of a group & media.
I feel that Nank is firmly in that category which isn't a bad thing at all but wouldmuch prefer the spotlight away from him.

I feel like graham might be groomed as our next leader with Vlos.

Yeah, like Dusty, the question mark on him being captain wouldn't be the on field or behind the scenes stuff, but their aversion to doing all the media stuff.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

cotch already does * all media these days anyway coz he ******* hates the AFL and the media

bring in nank and dusty as co-captains and tell media they can beg us for some interaction if they want it that bad

Yeah, like Dusty, the question mark on him being captain wouldn't be the on field or behind the scenes stuff, but their aversion to doing all the media stuff.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk
Might be worth considering him in the leadership group as vice captain ? although we don't really go down that road.

Some teams have ******* 7 or 9 in their leadership group. Dumbest idea ever. Just tells everyone you have no real leaders and have to spread it across the whole field. We have been so much better as a club since we went to one captain and one vice (two when Rance was still there).

Interesting that young Darcy totally dominated Geelong Thursday night but the Freo mids weren't able to take advantage. Nank should give us lots of looks so it will be up to our mids to really press that home. If Geelong have a weakness it's there.

Has anyone ever seen Nank speak to the media I don't think I have :) The next Captain should be around 25 and one that will most likely stay on the ground hence Nank has missed so much and who knows when he will go down again. Whoever it is it is going to be a hard time as we know our aging team won't be together for much longer.

Don't think he's the "face of the club" type captain like Cotchin. And he might be one of those guys that the media and off field stuff impacts his on field.

I'm actually leaning towards a Nick Vlastuin or Jack Graham.

Has anyone ever seen Nank speak to the media I don't think I have :) The next Captain should be around 25 and one that will most likely stay on the ground hence Nank has missed so much and who knows when he will go down again. Whoever it is it is going to be a hard time as we know our aging team won't be together for much longer.
Immediately post 2017 GF he spoke to Tim Watson.
Dropped an f bomb

I thought Graham would be the choice becUse of his age and his get s**t done attitude. depends if he and the club want it.

Nanker would be awesome ... regarding talking to the media ... he can get training in that that if he wants to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lambert has been stepping up his media presence of late, one of our best workers off field and always cracks in on field
Genuine Smokey behind Graham or vloss but wouldn’t be shocked either

Won't happen since he can't get a clean run at it but I reckon Prestia would make a fantastic captain
Because Prestia is never injured....
I feel that a senior player needs to take te roll for a year befire Graham or Vlos etc take the reins. It impacted Cotch's game at the start. Titch speaks very well and is respected by the group but hiw many years does he have in the game. I felt up until this year he would play on firever like Burgoyne

Because Prestia is never injured....
I feel that a senior player needs to take te roll for a year befire Graham or Vlos etc take the reins. It impacted Cotch's game at the start. Titch speaks very well and is respected by the group but hiw many years does he have in the game. I felt up until this year he would play on firever like Burgoyne

Vlastuin is a senior player. He's 27! When do you want him to take over, when he's 30?

Seriously think he can be AA if he keeps this form for all games til end of the season. He has actually been good in pretty much all the games we played. If he didn't miss those matches he would be 100% choice imo

been thinking the same thing. IMHO its him or jack graham, theres no other candidates among players who will be there for more than a couple years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back