Today I learned about capitalism

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty of jobs out there for them, they are obviously not trying.

It's not the fault of the capitalist system. Can't be - it is perfect.

*Last time I posted something sarcastic, the poster didn't get it - so I need to point out that this is sarcasm on my part. :)
It's much more fun seeing who the real morons are.

Same mate - mining boom ended and i was on the scrapheap so i went to tafe - did electrotech and moved into comms then started my own business.

im lucky i come from a family of entrepreneurial types whove always had businesses. Im on my fourth. Lots of people cant make the jump to work for themselves or go broke. they end up on chump change because they dont know how to transition and manage cash flow etc.
Mental illness got me. Badly.
I ended up out of work twice due to no fault of my own (retrenchment then laid off as a casual) - both times the shitty mental health set in and cost me years of work.
I was able to largely live off my own investments in those periods. I had invested well, somewhat flukily.
Both times I got back into work due to the support of government programs. The first time was after a relatively mild mental health relapse (which still cost me a lot of time), the second time was severe - so bad that I am amazed that I am back working and functional.
The "capitalist" society that our erstwhile friend is so enamoured by would have probably let someone like me rot - it was a government sponsored program in each case which helped me back up.
That is what many conservatives don't get - that well meaning, good, hard working people sometimes get themselves into situations where they need a leg up. Because they struggle to do it themselves.
Perhaps some of these moral high horse types need to end up down and out themselves, then maybe they wouldn't be so ****ing judgmental.

Mental illness got me. Badly.
I ended up out of work twice due to no fault of my own (retrenchment then laid off as a casual) - both times the shitty mental health set in and cost me years of work.
I was able to largely live off my own investments in those periods. I had invested well, somewhat flukily.
Both times I got back into work due to the support of government programs. The first time was after a relatively mild mental health relapse (which still cost me a lot of time), the second time was severe - so bad that I am amazed that I am back working and functional.
The "capitalist" society that our erstwhile friend is so enamoured by would have probably let someone like me rot - it was a government sponsored program in each case which helped me back up.
That is what many conservatives don't get - that well meaning, good, hard working people sometimes get themselves into situations where they need a leg up. Because they struggle to do it themselves.
Perhaps some of these moral high horse types need to end up down and out themselves, then maybe they wouldn't be so ****ing judgmental.
Esp mental health issues.

you get that black dog or suchlike and it feels like theres no end.

like you ive taken advantage of government programs on two occasions retrained and both times ended up starting my own business and employing people.

They dont get that you can invest in people too. Then they can profit from that investment by having a tax paying employer rather than a shattered wreck on the dole.

We were specifically talking about the british east india company and us slavery.

do keep up
What we've done is establish that capitalism and colonialism are not the same. The east india company and US slavery have not been in existence since the mid-19th century.

What we've done is establish that capitalism and colonialism are not the same. The east india company and US slavery have not been in existence since the mid-19th century.
Yeah and the british east india company was an example of a capitalist company that caused the deaths of millions.

as did slavery - which was another capitalist enterprise.

In your philosophical world view, certainly.

You are happy with your lot in life it would seem, so you aren't willing to entertain options which may eliminate poverty. I am sure they exist.
I think you have put together about 3 or 4 posts and you keep telling me how I think. You have no idea what I think or do.
Just look after you and your own, think for yourself and quit with putting words to me that are BS

Well respected economists have said we are being ripped off.

theres a shitload of articles saying exactly that

you must have skin like a rhinos mate - almost every single thing you say gets immediately proven wrong with references.

is there a point where you get embarrassed or do you just power through with like zero self awareness?

source:

More cut and paste...You are truly sad case. You are now on Ignore I will not be replying again.

I think you have put together about 3 or 4 posts and you keep telling me how I think. You have no idea what I think or do.
Just look after you and your own, think for yourself and quit with putting words to me that are BS
Your posts here give me a good idea of how you think. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are a left wing tossa who has not got a clue, go and troll someone else because I am bored with you. I retired at 57. I to was on the dole at 23 for nearly 12 months ...I went to a library read some books I was interested in and started applying for jobs in that area. I made it and those 62000 can as well. Once again capitalism is not the reason these numbers exist. Stop cutting and pasting and do some real thinking and living it might work for you to. Now FO.
You have no idea what he thinks or does.
Just look after you and your own, think for yourself and quit with putting words to him that are BS.
:)

More cut and paste...You are truly sad case. You are now on Ignore I will not be replying again.
You keep stating things then being demonstrated as being comprehensively wrong.

i wondered how long it would take before you ragequit.

little longer than i thought.

You are a left wing tossa who has not got a clue, go and troll someone else because I am bored with you. I retired at 57. I to was on the dole at 23 for nearly 12 months ...I went to a library read some books I was interested in and started applying for jobs in that area. I made it and those 62000 can as well. Once again capitalism is not the reason these numbers exist. Stop cutting and pasting and do some real thinking and living it might work for you to. Now FO.
Further - ah yes, the stereotypical high horse, moralistic, "look at me" argument (more often than not) from a conservative.

Just because you may have been able to achieve something doesn't mean others necessarily can.

You know nothing at all about others' circumstances which may or may not make finding jobs possible for them. Nothing.

But because "you made it", they can. Ignorance in its purest form.

Last edited:
Yeah and the british east india company was an example of a capitalist company that caused the deaths of millions.

as did slavery - which was another capitalist enterprise.
So your criticism of capitalism rests on events of over 100 years ago. Colonialism and slavery are done. You are going to have to update your arguments. It's clear capitalism, colonialism and slavery are separate institutions.

So your criticism of capitalism rests on events of over 100 years ago. Colonialism and slavery are done. You are going to have to update your arguments. It's clear capitalism, colonialism and slavery are separate institutions.

well no - plantation owner were capitalists- to this day slavery exists in many forms - outright slavery on asian fishing boats, sexual slavery via forced prostitution and more insidious forms of near slavery where people are paid a pittance to work in sweatshops in unsafe conditions.

it starts at that point 100s of years ago - i then moved on to more recent events such as chemical companies causing deaths via cancer clusters. You have james hardie in australia - asbestos mining finished decades ago yet asbestos kills 7-800 australians a year.

i gave several examples spanning history. You keep choosing to focus on one.

I can sit here all day quoting terrible stuff capitalists do worldwide to save a few bucks at the expense of human lives.

no doubt you can keep handwaving it away as it upsets your sensibilities.

Today i learned about capitalism:

That to replace the cusions in a bunnings outdoor setting was nearly as expensive as buying the entire outdoor setting.

we live on a finite planet people.......
It's like car sales. The money isn't made when you purchase a new car; it's made on finance, upgrades, and servicing.

Further - ah yes, the stereotypical high horse, moralistic, "look at me" argument (more often than not) from a conservative.

Just because you may have been able to achieve something doesn't mean others necessarily can.

You know nothing at all about others' circumstances which may or may not make finding jobs possible for them. Nothing.

But because "you made it", they can. Ignorance in its purest form.
You are a defeatist to bad for you. The world truly is a wonderful place.

lol at someone anti capitalist buying crap from Bunnings.
Once again im not anti capitalism

im anti unfettered capitalism.

Theres a world of difference.

ive spent more of my life as an employer or self employed as i have employed.

im a capitalist....

im just a capitalist that believes capitalism needs to be restrained within a framework of laws and regulations.

data cabling pixelpac structured cabling pixelpac cel-fi pixelpac mimo pixelpac

www.pixelpac.com.au

Last edited:
Never globally or in Australia have so many enjoyed such a quality of life
Feel free to google the growth of middle class globally and the unprecedented situation we find ourselves.

We are so lucky to live in such prosperous times and continuously improvements in wealth distribution.

Here is just one:

There is plenty more work to be done but we should celebrate our achievements
Yeah nah i understand that apple et al sweatshops with zero workers rights have brought some money to places that didnt have any. At of course huge expense to the environment

and at the same time bought their cost of production down to a fraction of what it was.

But you also asserted that things were better in australia when we all know that manufacturing has disappeared - and our kids who dont have top end uni degrees face a life of poor gig economy jobs and never owning a house.

the family house is the cornerstone of having a decent retirement for low income earners - its a forced savings plan that tips a lot of money into their retirement when they downsize - it also makes their retirement more comfortable and affordable if not renting.

we are (as everything these days) killcking a can down the road for someone else to pay the bill)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back