Today i lost a mate..

..not of the human kind, but animal. My beautiful gorgeous cat Sandy had finally taken up all her nine lives. :(

She had a tough life (being almost ripped apart by a dog six years ago, for one thing, and losing a leg as consequence), but she was the bestest friend/ companion ever!

To anyone going through this at the moment, it's such a horrible experience isnt it??

Animals in some ways have better qualities than humans.. they are always so dependable and dont ask for much back in return.

RIP Sandy.

nicky

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal palace, socceroos
Shell said:
..not of the human kind, but animal. My beautiful gorgeous cat Sandy had finally taken up all her nine lives. :(

She had a tough life (being almost ripped apart by a dog six years ago, for one thing, and losing a leg as consequence), but she was the bestest friend/ companion ever!

To anyone going through this at the moment, it's such a horrible experience isnt it??

Animals in some ways have better qualities than humans.. they are always so dependable and dont ask for much back in return.

RIP Sandy.

You can't measure the love you have for your pets. Losing a beloved pet can be as hard as losing a human.

I condole you :)

nicky said:
You can't measure the love you have for your pets. Losing a beloved pet can be as hard as losing a human.

I condole you :)

Thanks Nickster..

I've already called work and left a message on the answering machine that i cant come in tomorrow!

I'm just a mess, i'll admit it. This one has been especially tough, cause Sandy was my last cat. Her parents were put down a year and two years ago. So i guess you can say 'it's an end on an era'!

sethlad

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2001
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Derby County FC
Hang in there,its tough Shell.

Animals are so genuine,they give to you unconditionally.
Hope you can think of the good stuff!!

Seth.

nicky

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Shell said:
Thanks Nickster..

I've already called work and left a message on the answering machine that i cant come in tomorrow!

I'm just a mess, i'll admit it. This one has been especially tough, cause Sandy was my last cat. Her parents were put down a year and two years ago. So i guess you can say 'it's an end on an era'!

Be a mess for a while

and good on you for taking tomorrow off- work will just have to by without you for a while. Hire some dvd's that will make you cry to help get it out of your system. :thumbsu:

nicky said:
Be a mess for a while

and good on you for taking tomorrow off- work will just have to by without you for a while. Hire some dvd's that will make you cry to help get it out of your system. :thumbsu:

lol, thanks again guys.

I guess if i need a dvd to make me cry, i couldnt go past the Sydney v Geelong Semi final could i? :D

Actually i dont need any help! Im going just fine on me own at the moment..

nicky

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Shell said:
lol, thanks again guys.

I guess if i need a dvd to make me cry, i couldnt go past the Sydney v Geelong Semi final could i? :D

Actually i dont need any help! Im going just fine on me own at the moment..

burn me a copy ?;)

:D

nicky said:
burn me a copy ?;)

:D

Didnt really want this to turn in a footy discussion, but hey it's my thread, im in mourning and i can say or do what i want!

How about i burn you a copy of THIS weeks game where we cane you guys! (stage one of my personal nickname for this year "Operation Payback") :D

And how sad/lucky/unfortunate/fortunate.. (guess which way you look at it), that the one and only wont be playing!

nicky

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Shell said:
Didnt really want this to turn in a footy discussion, but hey it's my thread, im in mourning and i can say or do what i want!

How about i burn you a copy of THIS weeks game where we cane you guys! (stage one of my personal nickname for this year "Operation Payback") :D

And how sad/lucky/unfortunate/fortunate.. (guess which way you look at it), that the one and only wont be playing!

From the teams we beat in last years final series I really did feel for you guys. I hate Geelong the least out of saints and wce, one of my best friends barracks for geelong and she was in alot of pain; when i wasn't revelling in my own ecsatacy i sent a special "ohhhh" thought out to her :D

sethlad said:
I went to your game on Sat at TD, as an unbiased fan it was a cracker!!!

Seth

haha.. you mean that there WERE actually other supporters there other than WB supporters!?! Could have fooled me! ;) (and even tho you guys completely screwed up my tips, congrats on ya win!)

And Nicky, man NO ONE in their right mind could hate Geelong more than St Kilda. Without a shadow of a doubt they have the most feral supporters out there!

Im also a bit relieved the ND isnt playing. Mooney might have been the first ever player to actually commit a murder out on the playing field! :D

nicky

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Shell said:
haha.. you mean that there WERE actually other supporters there other than WB supporters!?! Could have fooled me! ;) (and even tho you guys completely screwed up my tips, congrats on ya win!)

And Nicky, man NO ONE in their right mind could hate Geelong more than St Kilda. Without a shadow of a doubt they have the most feral supporters out there!

Im also a bit relieved the ND isnt playing. Mooney might have been the first ever player to actually commit a murder out on the playing field! :D

If the swans don't win the flag this year (and lets face it, it aint lookin good ;) ), then i'd be more than happy to see a cat flag in the BAG:D

nicky said:
If the swans don't win the flag this year (and lets face it, it aint lookin good ;) ), then i'd be more than happy to see a cat flag in the BAG:D

Hey you might have a premiership hangover but hey.. i would LOVE to have one of those, you know what im sayin?

And yeah just MAYBE if Geelong could field close to our full strength side, maybe we would have a chance!

sethlad

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2001
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Derby County FC
Still cant work out how a guy can play on from full back, run & have an entire team run away from him til he kicks it to a team-mate 10 metres out?

That was freaky.

Although when we played the bullies last yr at TD,a similar thing happened.
Every player was in our forward line just before 3/4 time & some guy kicked it into space & Morris ran half the ground to kick a goal.

Seth.

Bombers 2003

Hall of Famer
30k Posts 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
Yatala
AFL Club
Essendon
Shell said:

RIP Sandy.
Condolences.My mother would feel the same way if her cat died.

Dec 7, 2001
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
sorry to hear about your cat.
they love you for who you are.Always love a cuddle.
My eldest son lost his cat in bad circumstancs years ago.He was just at school, his ginger meggs was a wonderful loving cat.He was siting in our driveway under the carport, and the guy across the street came home with a mates 2 pig dogs.You can imagine the rest.My son was devestated.He had a massive asthma attack from the shock.

There was a nice part of it though,the guy across the street was so upset.It wasn't his fault, it wasn't his dogs.But the next morning, he arrived on the doorstep with a little ginger replacement for my son.We still have that cat to this day.A totally different personality, but still loves my son unconditionally.

Losing your pet is a terrible thing. I lost my family dog last year who had been in my life since I was about 7 or 8. Terrible thing. Was distraught for weeks. They are dependable and are always there to cheer you up.

campbell said:
My eldest son lost his cat in bad circumstancs years ago.He was just at school, his ginger meggs was a wonderful loving cat.He was siting in our driveway under the carport, and the guy across the street came home with a mates 2 pig dogs.You can imagine the rest.My son was devestated.He had a massive asthma attack from the shock.

There was a nice part of it though,the guy across the street was so upset.It wasn't his fault, it wasn't his dogs.But the next morning, he arrived on the doorstep with a little ginger replacement for my son.We still have that cat to this day.A totally different personality, but still loves my son unconditionally.

I can completely relate to that. My Sandy (the one that got put down 2 days ago), got attacked by a dog that came onto our property. The only difference was that we got there in time and saved her, and she only lost a leg rather that her life. But yeah i had a huge panic attack as well, so i can relate to your son as well.

Anyway, that was about 6 years ago now, so she just hopped around for the rest of her life! :D

Dec 7, 2001
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Shell said:
I can completely relate to that. My Sandy (the one that got put down 2 days ago), got attacked by a dog that came onto our property. The only difference was that we got there in time and saved her, and she only lost a leg rather that her life. But yeah i had a huge panic attack as well, so i can relate to your son as well.

Anyway, that was about 6 years ago now, so she just hopped around for the rest of her life! :D

Yep, the 3 adults at home ran out at the time, and the 4 from across the road, but it was to late I am afraid.

6 years of bonus time is really wonderful to have.

PAFC2004

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Bite, New York Yankees
Don't let anyone say "it's just a cat". Those sort of people obviously haven't been lucky enough to connect with an animal. Hang in there, it's all you can really do.

campbell said:
Yep, the 3 adults at home ran out at the time, and the 4 from across the road, but it was to late I am afraid.

6 years of bonus time is really wonderful to have.

Same here! Practically the whole street came running! Good to know we do have good neighbours i guess.

I was so in shock i couldnt even go to the vets with them. My mum said, Sandy, even with her leg hanging off, was meowing, looking up at her.. a real trooper!

And no one has said 'it was just a cat'.. thanks to everyone with their kind words.. really appreciate it! :thumbsu:

Dec 7, 2001
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Shell said:
Same here! Practically the whole street came running! Good to know we do have good neighbours i guess.

I was so in shock i couldnt even go to the vets with them. My mum said, Sandy, even with her leg hanging off, was meowing, looking up at her.. a real trooper!

And no one has said 'it was just a cat'.. thanks to everyone with their kind words.. really appreciate it! :thumbsu:

That would have been so hard, having her look up at you in that state.

nicky

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
campbell said:

that is fudging devastating.

campbell said:

Just reading over your story again.. one thing i dont really agree with is your mate coming over with a new kitten the next day. His heart was in the right place and it was a good gesture, but if it was me I wouldnt want a new pet right away. For me itd be a couple months before i even think about getting a new pet.

It's good though that your mate cared. The owner of the dog that attacked Sandy was okay to begin with, but in the end bitched and moaned about forking out for vet fees. What should have been his TOTAL responsibility to pay for, he ended up only paying 50%!!

I swear, sometimes i really wonder about dog owners.

Back