Today i lost a mate..

RoosterLad said:
Hey don't have a crack at all dog owners. I have a dog and you know you love me.

Hey i love dogs.. it scary bad ass dogs and scary bad ass irresponsible dog owners i wonder about.

(i have had quite a few bad experiences with both in my past, and not just what happened with Sandy)

Anyway, what type of dog do you have RL?

Dec 7, 2001
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Shell said:
Just reading over your story again.. one thing i dont really agree with is your mate coming over with a new kitten the next day. His heart was in the right place and it was a good gesture, but if it was me I wouldnt want a new pet right away. For me itd be a couple months before i even think about getting a new pet.

It's good though that your mate cared. The owner of the dog that attacked Sandy was okay to begin with, but in the end bitched and moaned about forking out for vet fees. What should have been his TOTAL responsibility to pay for, he ended up only paying 50%!!

I swear, sometimes i really wonder about dog owners.

I know, when I opened the door and the neighbour and his Mum stood their with the little bundel, I was horrified, but what could I do.They were so upset, not like us, but were genuinely sad at what had happened.

My son was only 5, his brother 3.What do you do.

Anyway, we wouldn't part with our little ratcat now for anything.He owns us.

Apr 10, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NAFC
I only have a small dog as im not a big fan of big dogs, not that i'm scared of them even though i was attacked by a blue heeler when i was young, but i hate huge dogs jumping over.
Its a maltese/silky hair terrier. Has heaps of character and its finally over its many illnesses.
I also have two cats and the dog gets on fine with them, it doesnt mind a play fight with my kitten (even though thats really my sisters)

It is her second kitten as the first one was a psycho but pretty awesome, came home from a family outing a few years ago and it was in the gutter with half its face smashed in after getting hit by a car.

RoosterLad said:
I only have a small dog as im not a big fan of big dogs, not that i'm scared of them even though i was attacked by a blue heeler when i was young, but i hate huge dogs jumping over.
Its a maltese/silky hair terrier. Has heaps of character and its finally over its many illnesses.
I also have two cats and the dog gets on fine with them, it doesnt mind a play fight with my kitten (even though thats really my sisters)

It is her second kitten as the first one was a psycho but pretty awesome, came home from a family outing a few years ago and it was in the gutter with half its face smashed in after getting hit by a car.

Awwww, cute.. i just googled it! Is that like the dog off the 'My Dog' ad??
If so good choice! Out of the small dog breeds, thats the one id go for.. or a King Charles.

Otherwise i'd get a Labrador or German Shepard. GSs can be a real quiet and gentle dog.

RoosterLad said:
Can't remember the My Dog ad off the top of my head unfortunately!

Yeah i dont mind Labs and Germans. As long as a big dog doesnt drool everywhere i dont mind it, dog drool in my crotch doesnt get me any ladies.

Haha. if thatd be a problem for ya i'd stay away from that dog out of 'Turner and Hooch' (theres an 80s movie flashback for ya)..

Anyway, the 'my dog' ad, features this little white fluffball dog, quite possibly the cutest dog ever!!

or go to www.mydog.com.au is that it? or am i wrong?

raboyle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2001
X Convenience Oval, Elizabeth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC (SANFL), Port Melb (VFL)
I used to own a budgie, funny little b*@**** she was. I had these cargo trackies that she would fly to and duck into the pockets. :D

Unfortunately she escaped into the outdoors, after landing on my brother's back, he didn't hear her land and was wearing a thick jacket. But before he could come back, off she went. :(

A little while afterwards, we got a new one which is still here today. This time we got a male harlequin budgie. Also a funny little b*@****. :)

Jun 2, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
GWS
Shell said:
... they are always so dependable and dont ask for much back in return.

Are you sure you owned a cat? :p

I can totally sympathise with this... my family lost our Burmese kitten when he was hit by a car at only 11 months old. I was a total bloody wreck for the next couple of days.

(and because it can't be said often enough... when you do get a new cat, as you most certainly should, consider adopting from an animal shelter. Nothing will make you feel better about being a sucker for cats than giving one a second chance at life.)

embleygirl

Premiership Player
Jun 22, 2005
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Steven Gerrard
PAFC2004 said:
Don't let anyone say "it's just a cat". Those sort of people obviously haven't been lucky enough to connect with an animal. Hang in there, it's all you can really do.

Yep, very true. Animals can be just as good friends as people can.

You really miss their presence once they're gone.

Mr Eagle said:
Are you sure you owned a cat? :p

I can totally sympathise with this... my family lost our Burmese kitten when he was hit by a car at only 11 months old. I was a total bloody wreck for the next couple of days.

(and because it can't be said often enough... when you do get a new cat, as you most certainly should, consider adopting from an animal shelter. Nothing will make you feel better about being a sucker for cats than giving one a second chance at life.)[/QUOTE]

I did 3 weeks work experience at the Lort Smith Animal hospital back in 1995..

You wont find a bigger advocate than me, to adopt from an animal shelter!

And yes im sure i owned cats! :D They were all very low maintenance, outdoor cats, all had different characters. I couldnt have asked for better pets!

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Shell said:
To anyone going through this at the moment, it's such a horrible experience isnt it??
It sucks big time. My cat Londo was attacked by a dog Tuesday night and died on my lap on the way to the Vet. Only four years old, so much too short a life.

Here are some of his finer moments that bring a smile and tear to my eye.

Londo_01.jpg

The cat that would drink from anywhere - EXCEPT a dish

Londo_02.jpg

Your bed ? You left it, I'm claiming it

Londo_03.jpg

Londo loved singing along with my wife in the shower. And I kid you not his favourite song was 'McCafferty' - the mystery cat, from Cats!

Londo_04.jpg

I like my seats prewarmed. Can't you work standing up?

Londo_07.jpg

Londo_08.jpg

Who needs electricity? This blanket is keeping ME warm enough

Bombers_Forever

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
May 9, 2003
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Seattle Mariners and Seahawks
Condolences. I don't know how I will react when my cat dies- he is part of the family

Back