Preview Today!!! Rd 1v Freo at Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should have enough to beat freo even in Perth and with our defensive problems. Unless we have a shocker I can’t see us losing

I am more worried about our forward line than our backline to be honest. Freo doesn't present that much of a threat up forward to do too much damage. Our main problem is our own lack of scoring. We don't have too many natural goal kickers in the side, and given that Ziebell, Brown and Wood have all had very limited preseasons, and Turner isn't really a goal kicking pocket player, neither is Hrovat, I can't see us getting anywhere near 100 points. Trying to win low scoring away matches is always hard, as any brief run of goals by the home side can finish us off. I can see the scores being something like 78:62

Hope that we can be on the right end of that.

I still think our midfield bats deep enough now that we can get the ascendancy in there and control the game.

It won't be easy, especially if Tarrant doesn't get up, but I expect us to be good enough.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

If Anderson and Jacobs dont play you will barely even have ascendency in the midfield

If Anderson and Jacobs dont play you will barely even have ascendency in the midfield
Disagree. Anderson was very important on the inside last season. But Tyson more than offsets that loss.
Jacobs is a key shutdown player, who would likely play on Fyfe. But given Fyfe's own interrupted preseason, I can't see him dominating the game.
Overall the additions of Polec, Hall and Tyson arguably add much more than the loss of Anderson (who may still play) and Jacobs.

As Terry Wheeler used to say back in 1992 when he had Footscray flying, "4 goals a quarter will win you a lot of football games". Even though he said it in a different era, it is even more true today. If we could get 16 goals we'd win this game for sure as Freo won't kick more than 10-12.

Disagree. Anderson was very important on the inside last season. But Tyson more than offsets that loss.
Jacobs is a key shutdown player, who would likely play on Fyfe. But given Fyfe's own interrupted preseason, I can't see him dominating the game.
Overall the additions of Polec, Hall and Tyson arguably add much more than the loss of Anderson (who may still play) and Jacobs.

Your midfield is still deeper than ours even without Anderson and Jacobs but only just now. If they both play it's comfortably better though. Fyfe is the sort of player that can come from anywhere and dominate a game so i'd disagree with that. He missed 7 games straight last season, came back and picked up 37 touches in his first game back.

Your midfield is still deeper than ours even without Anderson and Jacobs but only just now. If they both play it's comfortably better though. Fyfe is the sort of player that can come from anywhere and dominate a game so i'd disagree with that. He missed 7 games straight last season, came back and picked up 37 touches in his first game back.

I think Fyfe will play forward given his lack of preparation. Can still kick 2-3 and be a match winner, but won't play too many minutes in the middle.

I think Fyfe will play forward given his lack of preparation. Can still kick 2-3 and be a match winner, but won't play too many minutes in the middle.
He's had a full preseason and he played aflx 2 weeks ago. minor surgery which has barely prevented him from training and you think he won't be able to play some mid minutes, :-D😂

Fremantle coach Ross Lyon has declared that Nathan Fyfe will “definitely” play in the club’s round one match against North Melbourne and said Fyfe’s elbow surgery to treat an inflamed bursa was nothing more than risk management.

There was no risk of Fyfe missing round one, he said.
“He will definitely play round one. If it was round one he would be playing (this weekend). We play on Sunday, the staples come out on Monday so we missed by a day,” Lyon said before training this morning.
“The recommendation from the surgeon was for him not to play (this weekend). The Doc makes a decision I tend to stick with that.”

“In the end it was just risk management. He could have played all the games and got to round one but you leave yourself open to him being inflamed in round seven and then he misses a game.”
“He put the club first and said I will get it done so the by-product is that he will miss JLT. It was a strong decision for the club that Nathan made.”
“He is basically good to go. His history is that he can perform really well (off no match practice). He had a big summer. He played AFLX and he will be good to go.”

Did you win that game?

Did you win that game?

No we didn't but its not relevant, he said Fyfe would be rusty coming back from injury, so I listed a time Fyfe missed 7 weeks straight and still came back and played well. Didn't say we won or lost but Fyfe won't come back rusty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fremantle coach Ross Lyon has declared that Nathan Fyfe will “definitely” play in the club’s round one match against North Melbourne and said Fyfe’s elbow surgery to treat an inflamed bursa was nothing more than risk management.

There was no risk of Fyfe missing round one, he said.
“He will definitely play round one. If it was round one he would be playing (this weekend). We play on Sunday, the staples come out on Monday so we missed by a day,” Lyon said before training this morning.
“The recommendation from the surgeon was for him not to play (this weekend). The Doc makes a decision I tend to stick with that.”

“In the end it was just risk management. He could have played all the games and got to round one but you leave yourself open to him being inflamed in round seven and then he misses a game.”
“He put the club first and said I will get it done so the by-product is that he will miss JLT. It was a strong decision for the club that Nathan made.”
“He is basically good to go. His history is that he can perform really well (off no match practice). He had a big summer. He played AFLX and he will be good to go.”

I know that I put staples in my arm for "risk management", hell, I staple my forehead for fun, they are great. :stern look

I am more worried about our forward line than our backline to be honest. Freo doesn't present that much of a threat up forward to do too much damage. Our main problem is our own lack of scoring. We don't have too many natural goal kickers in the side, and given that Ziebell, Brown and Wood have all had very limited preseasons, and Turner isn't really a goal kicking pocket player, neither is Hrovat, I can't see us getting anywhere near 100 points. Trying to win low scoring away matches is always hard, as any brief run of goals by the home side can finish us off. I can see the scores being something like 78:62

Hope that we can be on the right end of that.
As Terry Wheeler used to say back in 1992 when he had Footscray flying, "4 goals a quarter will win you a lot of football games". Even though he said it in a different era, it is even more true today. If we could get 16 goals we'd win this game for sure as Freo won't kick more than 10-12.

If we are going to play a high possession running game then the mids and half forwards have to take more shots from the 35-55 metre range rather than going too deep to marking targets.

We have a better team now, than when fyfe came back in that game.
Fyfe will be fine! Scary even.
Our midfield should be Fyfe, Mundy, Tucker & Darcy.
Very reasonable, and no pushover!

Certainly no pushover on your home deck. Those 4 can’t be in there all day. Who’ll be rotating through?

Good question. I don't know as its a work in progress.
Young Brayshaw, Son son Walters, Cerra, Conca, even Jesse Hogan! Also, Lobb will ruck with Darcy

Good question. I don't know as its a work in progress.
Young Brayshaw, Son son Walters, Cerra, Conca, even Jesse Hogan! Also, Lobb will ruck with Darcy

Dont mention Conca here he is basically a tackle bag compared to the elite players that are Hall and Pittard

If Fyfe plays he will play predominately midfield. They can't win if he doesn't.
Yeah, no idea why he'd play anywhere else.

He's the single biggest thing stopping us from winning the game. IMO he's, by far, the best player in the league when fit. He's a ******* animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back