What side do you expect to see?

Williams, Tarrant, Pittard
Hall, Thompson, Ahern
Polec, Jacobs, Dumont
Thomas, Wood, Simpkin
Anderson, Brown, Ziebell
Goldstein, Cunnington, Higgins
McMillan, Davies-Uniacke, Tyson, Atley

2nd ruck is an issue. Tall defenders looks weakish. Expecting a lot from Wood to cover Waite. But leaving out McDonald, Wright, Turner, Zurhaar and EVW points to better depth.
Think you're forgetting that Thommo is suspended.

At this point I'm expecting the team to be:

B: Williams McKay EVW
HB: Macmillan Tarrant McDonald
C: Polec Jacobs Hall
HF: Simpkin Wood Garner
F: Atley Brown Ziebell
Foll: Goldstein Cunnington Higgins
Int: Dumont, Ahern, Tyson, Anderson

Emer: Davies-Uniacke, Wright, Turner, Thomas

If we get to round one with a fit squad we will do this comfortably.

If Taberner, Lobb and Hogan all strip for round 1 and play in the forward line, then we are going to be seriously stretched in defence.

It’s a worry. I think McKay vs Lobb all day (inc second ruck). Tarrant on Hogan. Which leaves EVW on Tabener, which is the concern. Wright to try and get loose to intercept in the air.

It’s a worry. I think McKay vs Lobb all day (inc second ruck). Tarrant on Hogan. Which leaves EVW on Tabener, which is the concern. Wright to try and get loose to intercept in the air.

I reckon Tazz will take Lobb/Sandi and B-Mac will take Taberner. I'd put EVW on Hogan (195cm) instead of Taberner (199cm) as EVW is better suited to run with him, although he's still giving away some size & strength..

If Taberner, Lobb and Hogan all strip for round 1 and play in the forward line, then we are going to be seriously stretched in defence.
It's on our midfield to make sure too much easy ball doesn't get down there.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's on our midfield to make sure too much easy ball doesn't get down there.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Agree. I see it as pace vs height. We cannot allow them to get too many long entries in to the forward line from centre clearances under the new rules, and with Sandilands & Fyfe that's easier said than done.

Any North fan that reckons this will be a stroll in the park, is kidding themselves.

We must swarm Freo with running numbers.

I’d be astounded if sandi plays, which would be good for us.
Doubt anyone who has leg or joint injuries or weakness would play on this ground, it still is pretty hard, though they continue to try and soften it up. I've jogged on it and there's very little give.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back