Preview Today!!! Rd 1v Freo at Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damage limitation will be harder for Ross the Boss with the new rule changes.....

They're 18-24 months behind us in a rebuild. This is what is killing them right now. There's no way Sandilands, Mundy or Ballantyne would be on our 2019 list. They still have a way to go.

JLT Community Series: Freo boss Ross Lyon fumes after derby drubbing

Coach Ross Lyon suggested AFL scheduling contributed to fresh injury concerns over key forwards Brennan Cox and Matt Taberner as Fremantle copped a midfield spanking in their 51-point JLT Community Series loss to West Coast in Mandurah yesterday. Cox and Taberner will have scans and appear in doubt for round one against North Melbourne on March 24, opening the door for Cam McCarthy, who has been out of favour for senior selection during the pre-season. Cox beat Taberner to join recruits Jesse Hogan and Rory Lobb in a new-look forward line in their final dress rehearsal, which ended with the 16.13 (109) to 8.10 (58) drubbing. But the 20-year-old injured his left hamstring in the first term.

Taberner played a half for Peel against West Coast’s WAFL side in the curtain-raiser before he was withdrawn because of hamstring/calf tightness. Both played in the loss to Collingwood at Joondalup six days earlier. “Coming here off a six-day break off our first hit in 40-degree heat up at Joondalup, I was really concerned against a well-rested premiership team,” Lyon said. “It wasn’t ideal and we are talking about player availability and people getting hurt in the JLT series. The big picture is when you schedule teams ... at least give them a normal break of seven days, would be nice. “We’ll be able to voice that. Can we attribute Cox to a six-day break, off your first hit-out? Probably, maybe.” Bradley Hill lasted only a half after copping a cork to his left calf, but Lyon was confident his star wingman would be fit for round one. Reece Conca (26 disposals) had a positive first showing in Fremantle colours.

Lyon confirmed captain Nat Fyfe would come straight in against the Kangaroos to boost an on-ball division that was outclassed by the Eagles in a 55-27 clearance dominance.

JLT Community Series: Freo boss Ross Lyon fumes after derby drubbing

Coach Ross Lyon suggested AFL scheduling contributed to fresh injury concerns over key forwards Brennan Cox and Matt Taberner as Fremantle copped a midfield spanking in their 51-point JLT Community Series loss to West Coast in Mandurah yesterday. Cox and Taberner will have scans and appear in doubt for round one against North Melbourne on March 24, opening the door for Cam McCarthy, who has been out of favour for senior selection during the pre-season. Cox beat Taberner to join recruits Jesse Hogan and Rory Lobb in a new-look forward line in their final dress rehearsal, which ended with the 16.13 (109) to 8.10 (58) drubbing. But the 20-year-old injured his left hamstring in the first term.

Taberner played a half for Peel against West Coast’s WAFL side in the curtain-raiser before he was withdrawn because of hamstring/calf tightness. Both played in the loss to Collingwood at Joondalup six days earlier. “Coming here off a six-day break off our first hit in 40-degree heat up at Joondalup, I was really concerned against a well-rested premiership team,” Lyon said. “It wasn’t ideal and we are talking about player availability and people getting hurt in the JLT series. The big picture is when you schedule teams ... at least give them a normal break of seven days, would be nice. “We’ll be able to voice that. Can we attribute Cox to a six-day break, off your first hit-out? Probably, maybe.” Bradley Hill lasted only a half after copping a cork to his left calf, but Lyon was confident his star wingman would be fit for round one. Reece Conca (26 disposals) had a positive first showing in Fremantle colours.

Lyon confirmed captain Nat Fyfe would come straight in against the Kangaroos to boost an on-ball division that was outclassed by the Eagles in a 55-27 clearance dominance.
He'll be fuming good and proper come Sunday week after Freos pants get pulled down by the new look Kangas.......

They're 18-24 months behind us in a rebuild. This is what is killing them right now. There's no way Sandilands, Mundy or Ballantyne would be on our 2019 list. They still have a way to go.
I'm not so sure Ross is the ideal person to be leading that rebuild.....

I lifted this from the Freo board, but I reckon it's close to how they will line up.

Ryan - Hamling - Hughes
Wilson - Pearce - Cerra
Bhill - Fyfe - Langdon
Banfield - Hogan - McCarthy
Ballantyne - Lobb - Walters

Darcy - Conca - Brayshaw

Giro - Mundy - Tucker - Dumin

Their midfield is woefully undermanned.

I lifted this from the Freo board, but I reckon it's close to how they will line up.

Ryan - Hamling - Hughes
Wilson - Pearce - Cerra
Bhill - Fyfe - Langdon

Darcy - Conca - Brayshaw

I thought I read somewhere B Hill got injured....

Ryan - Hamling - Hughes
Wilson - Pearce - Cerra
Bhill - Fyfe - Langdon

Darcy - Conca - Brayshaw

If half that side walked past me the street I would not know who they are. That bench is horrendous except for old man Mundy.

Ryan - Hamling - Hughes
Wilson - Pearce - Cerra
Bhill - Fyfe - Langdon

Darcy - Conca - Brayshaw

That forward line though could still kick a winning score against our undermanned and underdone backline.

That forward line though could still kick a winning score against our undermanned and underdone backline.

Matchups in bold.

- Walters will play up the ground as Freo cannot afford the luxury of leaving him in the FP. (Williams)
- Ballantyne should have been retired two years ago. (Frank Gumbleton......at 67 years of age)
- Lobb was putrid yesterday and has kicked one bag of 3 in his last 40 matches. He will be required a lot of the time on Goldstein, or Darcy will have a myocardial infarction before half time. (Tarrant/McKay)
- McCarthy is only getting a game by default. (MacMillan)
- Bailey Banfield has kicked 5.5 in 20 matches of football. (McDonald will slaughter him)
- Hogan is a class forward. (Vickers - Willis)

If this mob can kick 15 goals against us, we need rooting with a pineapple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matchups in bold.

- Walters will play up the ground as Freo cannot afford the luxury of leaving him in the FP. (Williams)
- Ballantyne should have been retired two years ago. (Frank Gumbleton......at 67 years of age)
- Lobb was putrid yesterday and has kicked one bag of 3 in his last 40 matches. He will be required a lot of the time on Goldstein, or Darcy will have a myocardial infarction before half time. (Tarrant/McKay)
- Bailey Banfield has kicked 5.5 in 20 matches of football. (McDonald will slaughter him)

Williams is in doubt with a calf.
MacMillan is in doubt with a calf.
Tarrant in doubt with a shoulder.
McDonald isn't slaughtering anyone atm.

A lot of assumptions there.

Agree. And Hogan could feast on EVW, has him covered for height and strength. 100kgs vs 86

Yep, and just two opinions.

Here's something that's no assumption whatsoever though. Putting Hogan to one side, Lobb has kicked 3 goals in 4 outings against us, and based on 2018 figures the other 4 are good for 4 goals, so make that 5. Our midfield will kick more than those 5 players.

Let's wait & see how it turns out when the dust settles.:thumbsu:

Last edited:
For crying out loud they have been rebuilding for 20 years. They should have built a city by now.

Matchups in bold.

Banfield suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back