Preview Today!!! Rd 1v Freo at Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's something I am going to have to learn to deal with. I will be flat about someone missing every week.
Yeah, agreed. I honestly can't remember when we've had this much senior, experienced, quality depth at North. I mean, we're probably looking at the 90s, early 2000s at the latest.

I just watched Brad's presser, and it looks Marley will play. Maybe we'll be cautious with JMac. I'm not sure you want to go into a game in Perth with two players in the same position on the field who are both coming back from injury, especially with said depth available.

Yeah, IMO it's more likely that they will be being cautious with JMac and maybe Williams, but it will be interesting to see who's on the bench in the squad tonight.

Although I will say that with our depth this year, there will probably be one or two very unlucky to miss each week. We're gonna have very good, experienced players playing a lot of VFL this season.
He did say that Marley was fit and playing.

McGowan thinks Simpkin will play due to his defensive capabilities and it is down to LMac v Ahern for the last spot, with Ahern the outside chance.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dear lord. Brad Scott has less chance of not coaching than Ahern being overlooked for any other player for this game.

Yeah, agreed. I honestly can't remember when we've had this much senior, experienced, quality depth at North. I mean, we're probably looking at the 90s, early 2000s at the latest.

I just watched Brad's presser, and it looks Marley will play. Maybe we'll be cautious with JMac. I'm not sure you want to go into a game in Perth with two players in the same position on the field who are both coming back from injury, especially with said depth available.

That was kind of my thinking as well. One maybe, not two even though Jmac had the ball on a string in JLT. It might just come down to which of the two is least risk of recurrence.

That was kind of my thinking as well. One maybe, not two even though Jmac had the ball on a string in JLT. It might just come down to which of the two is least risk of recurrence.

I would have thought that four of JMac, Marley (who he said was right to go), LMac and Pittard are potentially competing for 3 spots at most, and one of them will probably miss out. Neither of them can really play in the midfield, nor is there a great need for it with the midfield depth. And they are all essentially small/medium defenders, of which 4 is definitely too many.

McGowan thinks Simpkin will play due to his defensive capabilities and it is down to LMac v Ahern for the last spot, with Ahern the outside chance.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

When did Simpkin get defensive capabilities?

There is good footage of Bailey Scott waltzing past Simpkin in an intra club to kick a goal. There is similar footage in JLT2.
I'm not sure how anybody could throw up playing Simpkin for his 3 tackles a game over a bloke who can get it 30 times in Ahern.

Hm. Actually no. Was working on the side with some injured players for a while then joined match sim late in a no-contact vest. I guess he’s carrying a niggle but nothing too serious.

From training thread - LDU in no-contact vest.

My guess of the team is:
FB Williams Tarrant EVW
HB Mcdonald Mckay MacMillan
C Polec Hall Dumont
HF Simpkin Wood Atley
FF Ziebell Brown Turner
Foll Goldsteiin Cunnington Higgins
Int Scott Tyson Ahern Pittard

Mason Wood can hopefully pull his long curly ET like finger out of his arse.
I wouldn't bet on it. He is normally good for 3-4 good games per season. There is no indication this will be the one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back