Today's Herald Sun

Remove this Banner Ad

ACV

Rookie
Jan 15, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
There was a double page article reviewing Richmond's performance this year with player reviews of sorts, who we would like in the draft etc all the usual end of season stuff, i'm sure most of you have seen it.

Anyway, under their 'Trade Teaser' section they have Kane Johnson as a direct swap for Ray Hall. My question is, whether or not people would be happy with this or not.

Personally i'd be very happy if we could get away with this deal

Originally posted by ACV
There was a double page article reviewing Richmond's performance this year with player reviews of sorts, who we would like in the draft etc all the usual end of season stuff, i'm sure most of you have seen it.

Anyway, under their 'Trade Teaser' section they have Kane Johnson as a direct swap for Ray Hall. My question is, whether or not people would be happy with this or not.

Personally i'd be very happy if we could get away with this deal

Did not see the article, but gee how many clubs have been linked with Kane Johnson and a trade with Adelaide .As to the question. i'd be more than willing to trade Hall for Johnson but i think we would probably have to offer up somthing else as an inducement for Adelaide to to bite . The other question it raises, is Hall the type of player that fills a niche in their side?

Id be happy for this scenario to unfold but the likeylhood of it occuring is nothing more than a teaser

Re: Re: Today's Herald Sun

Originally posted by mellowyellow

Did not see the article, but gee how many clubs have been linked with Kane Johnson and a trade with Adelaide .As to the question. i'd be more than willing to trade Hall for Johnson but i think we would probably have to offer up somthing else as an inducement for Adelaide to to bite . The other question it raises, is Hall the type of player that fills a niche in their side?

Id be happy for this scenario to unfold but the likeylhood of it occuring is nothing more than a teaser

Yeah i thought the same thing, that we would have to offer something else. But who knows, if we get involved in some complex trade for Carey we may be able to get away with it, but somehow i doubt it.

I wouldn't trade Hall, especially not for Johnson. If we could get the likes of Notting or Shattock from Brisbane or even Haselby I may consider it, but not for another outside running player. I don't have this fixation on getting Johnson. He is a quality midfielder but not of the type we need.

Oh, and the analysis done by Paul Gough at afl.com.au was more accurate and objective than the drivel in the Hun.

Johnson will be 25 by next season and has a fairly long history of soft tissue injuries. I think he averages about 14-15 games per season. Hall is 22, tall and developing. While IMO he is yet to prove he will be a consistently top player, this trade would seem to involve risks both ways for Richmond.

It astounds me that Duncan Kellaway always escapes scrutiny. We cannot afford to carry this blight on the game anymore.

tALLS

if Richmond had 11-12 talls...great...trade hall. But we don't have that many...we have 9...and two of those are Vardy and Homewood. We don't drop talls...we get more.

As for Dunc...if we get a trade for him, I'd do it. But remember he can stop his man...good defender..not a midfielder though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back