Preview Todd Garner - Indigenous Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Both are mad Hawks supporters. I know Joel idolises Cyril. Would love to get him on our list. I have seen both these boys play through the juniors and they have the most sublime skills. They look like a younger Burgers
What's the difference between the two, and how much better is Joel if I understand he is more gifted than Todd? Is it a case of splitting hairs?

What's the difference between the two, and how much better is Joel if I understand he is more gifted than Todd? Is it a case of splitting hairs?
They are different players, Joel sets up play from the backline. He has a beautiful penatrating left hoof, and great vision.
Todd is more a HFF that has a lot of xfactor, he always seems to have a heap of time too. Both boys are lightning quick! But the trait that really stands out for me is the kamikaze attack on the player and ball.
Joel is a leader for sure, has shades of Hodgey about him. I haven't seen that as much in Todd but his is an underager playing up an age group. It may come?
One thing is for sure, Todd WILL play for our great club!

They are different players, Joel sets up play from the backline. He has a beautiful penatrating left hoof, and great vision.
Todd is more a HFF that has a lot of xfactor, he always seems to have a heap of time too. Both boys are lightning quick! But the trait that really stands out for me is the kamikaze attack on the player and ball.
Joel is a leader for sure, has shades of Hodgey about him. I haven't seen that as much in Todd but his is an underager playing up an age group. It may come?
One thing is for sure, Todd WILL play for our great club!
Nice!

Any chance we can convince Joel to start all his pre-draft interview with:

"If you draft me i'll be happy to develop at your club, but will ask to be traded to Hawthorn at the end of my first contract"...

"If you draft me i'll be happy to develop at your club, but will ask to be traded to Hawthorn at the end of my first contract"...
I think that would open a draft tampering investigation and I don't think it would end well for Hawthorn.

Interviewer "Okay where do you see yourself in 5 years"
Joel "Hawthorn"

The AFL need to seriously think about scrapping father son and academy bullshit and just let players play for who they support.

We would then have Whitfield, Kennedy and 2 x Garners.

Who else?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So a great game of footy today. Wandin got the chocolates by 1 point! Todd was good without being excellent. He just does the little things right. Gets in good positions and seems to always put his team mates in space! Told him that I can't wait to see him and his brother playing for the mighty Hawks!

So a great game of footy today. Wandin got the chocolates by 1 point! Todd was good without being excellent. He just does the little things right. Gets in good positions and seems to always put his team mates in space! Told him that I can't wait to see him and his brother playing for the mighty Hawks!
What was his response ?

Going to need a top 10 pick i would think and that may not even be enough.

Some phantom drafts have him going at 2 or 3.
Ok , yeah that's going to make it near on impossible.. I thought he was around the 15 mark at this stage .
Our next couple of , off seasons, are going to be intriguing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back