Free Agency Todd Goldstein [Joins Essendon as UFA]

Remove this Banner Ad

TBH still waiting for you to accept and move on from McKay Band 1, but every North thread, surprise there you are.
Ralph says no dice. But I would probably believe a BF poster ahead of him.

Interestingly he said the required value for band 1 two years ago was 780k, and that the salary cap increases in the two years since were 10 percent and 5 percent. That would mean over 900k for band 1 today.

Again though, take it all with a dash of salt, and who knows if he even meant 25 year olds.

Ralph says no dice. But I would probably believe a BF poster ahead of him.

Interestingly he said the required value for band 1 two years ago was 780k, and that the salary cap increases in the two years since were 10 percent and 5 percent. That would mean over 900k for band 1 today.

Again though, take it all with a dash of salt, and who knows if he even meant 25 year olds.
Oh ok so we are believing Ralphy ahead of every other journo are we? The same Ralph that said Goldstein was off to Collingwood and McKay was off to Hawthorn?

You have an obsession with this compensation.

It makes very little sense for any party (Essendon, North, McKay, McKay’s manager) to put in an offer 20k below Band 1. In fact it’s actually quite stupid.

But they publish it because people like yourself cling to any glimmer of hope and it gets clicks.

Oh ok so we are believing Ralphy ahead of every other journo are we? The same Ralph that said Goldstein was off to Collingwood and McKay was off to Hawthorn?

You have an obsession with this compensation.

It makes very little sense for any party (Essendon, North, McKay, McKay’s manager) to put in an offer 20k below Band 1. In fact it’s actually quite stupid.

But they publish it because people like yourself cling to any glimmer of hope and it gets clicks.
Maybe practice your reading skills.

I am well versed at reading your McKay compensation posts. There’s about 1000 of them across multiple threads. We get it, you’re mad about it.

“Accept it and move on”.
I specifically said I don't trust him.

Young, inexperienced list recruits an experienced player that knows their football and can help the young players in those positions develop.

You have to wonder why the young, inexperienced list with a worse group of rucks would let him walk and not fight to keep him.

It’s all being set up for another crack at PP’s in 2024.

But I wonder what the strategy is in recruiting a ruckman who will be 36 next season. That's why I think there's post-playing opportunities being offered, like what happened with Petrie at West Coast.
Draper's groin could keep him out next year. Phillips retired, and Bryan not ready to be a number one ruck.

You have to wonder why the young, inexperienced list with a worse group of rucks would let him walk and not fight to keep him.

It’s all being set up for another crack at PP’s in 2024.

Then we'd be slammed for giving a 35yo a two year contract. I also find it amusing that your username is named after a Carlton player acquired via a priority pick.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, very strange decision from the Bombers. Even if he is playing backup, I'm sure Goldy is demanding a fairly hefty salary.

Not having a dig here, but the Bombers aren't in a premiership window at the moment. Goldstein has 2 years max, and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw him drop off during that time. I would have to think there's a coaching pathway being offered.

not sure

agree it’s odd. Why not just keep Phillips on? Unless he really wanted to retire.

im sure we aren’t paying Goldstein a stack of money. He is an old man.

Phillips, who played great this year, was offered another year contract by Essendon.

Bryan just isn't ready yet. Makes sense to have Goldstein to fill the void.
makes sense then, if phillips left on his own accord then.

would make little sense to get rid of flip, but then sign goldy

makes sense then, if phillips left on his own accord then.

would make little sense to get rid of flip, but then sign goldy

From what I've read Phillips might have even retired at the end of 2022 but they talked him around for another season which ended up working quite well for all parties.

And he accepted a 1-year deal at Windy Hill, beautifully handled Kangas. :rolleyes:

Haven't heard this, but not surprising. North we're trying to play Xerri ahead of him at the start of the season. Goldy has been a stud his whole career, but his dominance has meant that North's ruck stocks have depleted. We need to get games into a ruck who'll be here in 5-10 years.

A two year deal for Toddg Oldstein …, he’s a competitor but you don’t want him dying on the job
Thierry Henry Smile GIF by hamlet

Two years u say

Remove this Banner Ad

Back