Free Agency Todd Goldstein [Joins Essendon as UFA]

Remove this Banner Ad

I would suggest that the coaching and support of our young rucks would be appealing.

Players will still go to big clubs. I mean, the club that has won the most wooden spoons in the last 20 years still has players nominate them.
Yeah sorry i forgot how his high standards off the field and on the massage table have elevated him so much and pardon the pun.

Nice get Bombers.

No. It isn't taken into account. There are only a very small number of factors taken into account to determine the compo. Other players isn't one of them. After the value is calculated then it can be reduced by other free agents coming in.

You are just wrong. Goldy isn't increasing McKay compo. Accept it and move on, or don't.
Good on ya. You could just direct me the ''very, very clear'' rule which you claim exists.

Offering all of your best players unders is definitely one way to do it.
He is 36 next and we will be better off playing a much younger ruck. We got the very best out of him and most Roo supporters wish him all the best.

Goldy was no where near one of our best players this year.

Weird team to choose for success but have a feeling dollar signs mean more at his age of 35 in a position that is not real kind to ageing stars.

Bombers yet to win a final in close to 10k days now and cant see how paying massive dollars to Goldy will help to rectify that but anyway good luck to him.

Has it been that long? Surely not.
Gone under the radar.

This seem like a very odd list management decision on Essendons part , it's not like having a decent ruck is the missing piece for them. I guess if they made logical list decisions they wouldn't be a basket case.

This seem like a very odd list management decision on Essendons part , it's not like having a decent ruck is the missing piece for them. I guess if they made logical list decisions they wouldn't be a basket case.
I think the club has doubts on Draper for the season who's just had groin surgery Brad likes to use 2 rucks.

I'm assuming it's a 1 year deal with probably a coaching role attached

Goldy is chasing success next year
Will Smith Reaction GIF

Good on ya. You could just direct me the ''very, very clear'' rule which you claim exists.
Go to the section you quoted. Then read the words that immediately follow it. They say that age and contract are the only factors that impact the band. Not other players or anything else. (Except for anomalous factors as adjudicated by the commission, but I don't think anyone could say that goldy is anomalous).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young, inexperienced list recruits an experienced player that knows their football and can help the young players in those positions develop.

Go to the section you quoted. Then read the words that immediately follow it. They say that age and contract are the only factors that impact the band. Not other players or anything else. (Except for anomalous factors as adjudicated by the commission, but I don't think anyone could say that goldy is anomalous).

How you can read that and miss the bolded bit is beyond me.

The compensation formula produces a points rating for players based on:

1. The new contract of the free agent;
2. The age of the free agent.

Draft picks are allocated to clubs based on the net total points for free agents lost and gained during the transfer period.

Draft picks will be allocated to one of five places:

How you can read that and miss the bolded bit is beyond me.

The compensation formula produces a points rating for players based on:

1. The new contract of the free agent;
2. The age of the free agent.

Draft picks are allocated to clubs based on the net total points for free agents lost and gained during the transfer period.

Draft picks will be allocated to one of five places:
We are going round in circles. Each individual player has always been given his specific compo when his contract is turned in. Even when multiple players are going out they have always been separate. After all the movements have been collated, those picks are sometimes pushed down because the receiving club has players coming in that water down their value. No player has ever pushed up in the final allocation.

The rules are so clear if you have ever actually followed a draft period. It takes actively not having noticed what the AFL has done to fail to understand the rules as they are written.

Goldy's compo does not push up McKay's. He will get band 1 or 2 based on his own contract only. And what is more, you know this but are just trolling.

Young, inexperienced list recruits an experienced player that knows their football and can help the young players in those positions develop.

surely goldy is backup?

no point playing him ahead of Draper and Bryan

surely goldy is backup?

no point playing him ahead of Draper and Bryan
Yeah, very strange decision from the Bombers. Even if he is playing backup, I'm sure Goldy is demanding a fairly hefty salary.

Not having a dig here, but the Bombers aren't in a premiership window at the moment. Goldstein has 2 years max, and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw him drop off during that time. I would have to think there's a coaching pathway being offered.

Yeah, very strange decision from the Bombers. Even if he is playing backup, I'm sure Goldy is demanding a fairly hefty salary.

Not having a dig here, but the Bombers aren't in a premiership window at the moment. Goldstein has 2 years max, and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw him drop off during that time. I would have to think there's a coaching pathway being offered.
We have plenty of cap space so eh.

We have plenty of cap space so eh.

But I wonder what the strategy is in recruiting a ruckman who will be 36 next season. That's why I think there's post-playing opportunities being offered, like what happened with Petrie at West Coast.

No. It isn't taken into account. There are only a very small number of factors taken into account to determine the compo. Other players isn't one of them. After the value is calculated then it can be reduced by other free agents coming in.

You are just wrong. Goldy isn't increasing McKay compo. Accept it and move on, or don't.
TBH still waiting for you to accept and move on from McKay Band 1, but every North thread, surprise there you are.

But I wonder what the strategy is in recruiting a ruckman who will be 36 next season. That's why I think there's post-playing opportunities being offered, like what happened with Petrie at West Coast.
Definitely part of it. We need a back up ruck so two birds, one stone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back