Recommitted Todd Goldstein [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
No way Todd is getting 700k for 3 years more likely 500-550k

No way Todd is getting any less than $700k to move to another club, he's in demand and currently on circa $800-$900k a year.

I think you will find North's current offer is in that ballpark, which is what is currently causing issues.

Really hope it's not Geelong because I can't see them offering enough to get us a decent pick
Yes and no. I think the club would be desperate to get him given its been about 8 years now without a genuine ruck

Cats may find they have a bit of cap if Kelly turns down the 800k offer on the table for him

catman2006

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sunderland & Penrith
No way Todd is getting any less than $700k to move to another club, he's in demand and currently on circa $800-$900k a year.

I think you will find North's current offer is in that ballpark, which is what is currently causing issues.
He should accept Norths offer even 2 year deal no contending club will pay anywhere close to 700k

I could see us being interested. Out of him, Higgins, and Steven it's probably the only target that makes sense.
I get the logic, but all the noise is that he will sign on for 2 years, with a yearly trigger after that.

I would suggest a lot of cards will fall into place once Kelly is on the move.

I get the logic, but all the noise is that he will sign on for 2 years, with a yearly trigger after that.

I would suggest a lot of cards will fall into place once Kelly is on the move.
Probably most likely he signs on at North, but yeah, entirely his decision being UFA. Cats will give him an offer and hope

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's go after Goldy, and not worry about Higgins...
The Higgins link is even more bizarre than the Goldstein one to be perfectly honest. It almost seems entirely media driven, despite Higgins saying he is staying multiple times and even had a press conference.

You would get more out of Goldstein than you would Higgins anyway.

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
The Higgins link is even more bizarre than the Goldstein one to be perfectly honest. It almost seems entirely media driven, despite Higgins saying he is staying multiple times and even had a press conference.

You would get more out of Goldstein than you would Higgins anyway.
Oh totally agree with you 100%

catman2006

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sunderland & Penrith

Dangerfield is on 900k and they had to ask players was that ok as nobody earns more then Selwood on 800k, their is no way cats are putting Goldy on that type of level, Cats offer will be good money and a chance at playing finals.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Dangerfields deal was even unders at the time.

So what are you currently offering Kelly?

If you have made arrangements to formalise an offer to fit into your TPP to be competitive with Tim Kelly, I imagine a fair chunk of this will go to Goldstein if he goes west.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks

If you have made arrangements to formalise an offer to fit into your TPP to be competitive with Tim Kelly, I imagine a fair chunk of this will go to Goldstein if he goes west.
Talk we can also absorb some of his contract into our salary cap in exchange for a better deal.

Pykie

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Talk we can also absorb some of his contract into our salary cap in exchange for a better deal.

I'm not sure how that works.

His contract ends at North in about 4 weeks.

We can't absorb anything unless we re-sign him, if we re-sign him Geelong will have to come up with compensation rather than the compo generated from thin air.

catman2006

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sunderland & Penrith

All reports the club offered him 800k to keep him..

Pykie

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
All reports the club offered him 800k to keep him..

So a $200k paycut probably isn't unrealistic for a guy coming off the largest contract in North's history since Carey.

Especially when you have it in your TPP forecasts for Kelly in 2019.

footyfan000001

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
North would be crazy to let go of Goldy and Higgins. Unless they wanna go fulll rebuild mode. Who would become their #1 ruck?

North would be crazy to let go of Goldy and Higgins. Unless they wanna go fulll rebuild mode. Who would become their #1 ruck?
Campbell/Xerri/Daw (if he can get back) and we would probably pick up a mature ruck if Goldy goes.

Not ideal, but rather rip the band aid off sooner than later.

Xerri, by default now that Preuss is gone. Daw is a possibility, but he's 10x the defender/utility than he is a ruckman. North will give Goldy what he wants, I think. Way too risky to let him go.

Back