Recommitted Todd Goldstein

Remove this Banner Ad

Take his salary, give you a pick or a player.
He is only contracted to the end of this year and if he receives a new contract, it won't be as high as the last one, which was off the back of a superb 2015 season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was word that North were interested in Menzel, but the cost probably would have been too high for them.

So a swap of players and later pick swaps is something I am all for.

They might entertain it.

I suppose it depends how he's going and what we need to free up in dollars ourselves.

He's looked pretty sharp in the practice stuff.

I thought the Cats were finally happy with Smith?

I agree with this Smith is fine enough. Goldstein is better but at his age I doubt we'd do it for what he'd cost. On the other hand if you have a quality CHF you want to sell us we're all ears...

I agree with this Smith is fine enough. Goldstein is better but at his age I doubt we'd do it for what he'd cost. On the other hand if you have a quality CHF you want to sell us we're all ears...
We need one of those ourselves. All our prospect CHF's (Durdin and McKay) want to be CHB/FB's.

Yeah I thought he still had a big contract so could get him cheap but apparently that expires this year.
It does, signed three years at the end of 2015, times up come end of the season. He would be very cheap trade wise.

Obviously he'd be an unrestricted fa anyway?

Or restricted?

If the Eagles lost Lycett Id be happy for the Eagles to take him. They need to draft another young ruck, took a raw Orlango as a rookie. Young rucks take at least 3 years to even get close to AFL standard so a 2-3 year deal would suit both club and player. Goldy finishes up same time as Kennedy and Hurn, helps ease the loan on Naitanui.

If Gaff left as a fa we would want to trade something for him so as to not water down the fa compo for Gaff.

Yeah I thought he still had a big contract so could get him cheap but apparently that expires this year.

Kangaroos board thread says he's contracted until the end of 2019. Can't see him moving unless they pay part of his salary.

Kangaroos board thread says he's contracted until the end of 2019. Can't see him moving unless they pay part of his salary.

Yep, and we don't have any cap issues at all. His money isn't an issue.

Not sure there is value in trading him now

Agree. He'll see out 2019 then go year by year with us or go somewhere else for more money.

Despite Preuss's highlights, he still doesn't have the tank to carry the ruck, and Xerri (who impressed today in a VFL practice match) will still take at least another two years to get ready.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back