List Mgmt. Todd Viney - New GM of Football - Welcome to North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Kudos to this man for helping navigate us through a shitful year. Dealing with the Clarko stuff and from the outside looking in, he is probably one of the key people who has gotten Tarryn back up and running. Thank god Clarko got him in.
TV and BR will be drinking for free all summer courtesy of AC I reckon.

Needs to get in the media next few weeks and put more pressure on the first round priority pick and more

Clarko did his part

Time to double down

It needs to be a coordinated effort that includes Sonja, Jen, Todd and Clarko.

Not over the top but a consistent message going out at every media opportunity and it needs to be balanced so we’re not coming across as whingers.

It needs to be a coordinated effort that includes Sonja, Jen, Todd and Clarko.

Not over the top but a consistent message going out at every media opportunity.
I mentioned the other day that the media team at North are very aware of the message that the club has to run with and they’re briefing those who have a voice on the direction to take, but they are aware that it’s important to present the case in away that doesn’t come across as begging for crumbs. Clarkson has set the tone and I suspect that most of the effort over the next few weeks will go into finding the journalists who are willing to listen and report the rational viewpoint that are strong competition relies on having competitive matches with no teams getting walk up wins against weak opponents. That’s es important when the fixture is not balanced.

It's obviously been a disastrous year... Clarkson situation, injuries to key players, Clarksons having to change his system, Tarryn off-field issues.

Yet, we sit here with confidence that we have improved. It's not the spike we hoped for, but there are some tangible signs of improvement. Given everything the club has had to deal with this year, Viney has been so critical to this.

2023:
1693180902623.png
3 Wins
Percentage increase of 15.7% (Highest our percentage has been since 2019)
Larkey 3rd in Coleman with 71 goals
Larkey All Australian
Sheezel Rising Star
Three Rising Star Nominations in Sheezel, Wardlaw & Ford

2022:
1693180952501.png
2 Wins
Percentage in the 50's
Larkey & Zurhaar our two highest goal kickers with 38 & 34 respectively, Ziebell & Goldstein our next closest in the teens
Zero All Australians
Zero Rising Star Nominations

It was such utter bulllshit.

I reckon it was a genuine conversation and they were talking through it. Not everything goes smoothly.
I was just wondering because since then one thing I've noticed about Tarryn, on top of how well is playing, is how he seems to be taking responsibility for the side on field as well. I thought it was noticeable on the weekend. He had a poor first half then he had six tackles in the second half iirc. but it was other little things too. It seemed like he was trying to put the team on his back, as we say.

I've never really noticed that before, even during that second half of 2021 when he played some great footy. It seems like since that chat he's really taken it on.

Anyone remember the game he was talking to TT at half time? The one that sparked the "Tarryn's leaving" panic?
It was the West Coast game.

Since that point there have been multi times Tarryn has tried to lift us and get us over the line.

I was just wondering because since then one thing I've noticed about Tarryn, on top of how well is playing, is how he seems to be taking responsibility for the side on field as well. I thought it was noticeable on the weekend. He had a poor first half then he had six tackles in the second half iirc. but it was other little things too. It seemed like he was trying to put the team on his back, as we say.

I've never really noticed that before, even during that second half of 2021 when he played some great footy. It seems like since that chat he's really taken it on.
He's 💯 talking more and directing others on field

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kudos to this man for helping navigate us through a shitful year. Dealing with the Clarko stuff and from the outside looking in, he is probably one of the key people who has gotten Tarryn back up and running. Thank god Clarko got him in.
Can’t imagine what would have happened without Viney at the club and ti a lesser extent ratten

Ouch. Not good. A bit more than 2 weeks?
Seriously, hope he gets over it all asap. A mongrel of an injury. Todd was a very talented tennis player (AIS scholarship) before choosing footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back