List Mgmt. Todd Viney - New GM of Football - Welcome to North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

My brother also had it which is how I know a little about it.

Crazy disease in which the blood supply to the hip joint just stops and the ball at the top of the femur turns to mush.

The blood supply then randomly restarts.

Bizarre disease. Not your typical, everyday, injury. I hope your Bro is going well, mate.

Bizarre disease. Not your typical, everyday, injury. I hope your Bro is going well, mate.
He’s pretty much unaffected now.

Played every sport under the sun as a kid (still does now as an adult) and only really had a limp as one leg was a touch shorter than the other.

Had major surgery 20 years after having it to fully correct it as the treatment in the mid 90’s was the basically fully plaster bother legs and stick a broom handle in the middle to hold them in place.

My brother also had it which is how I know a little about it.

Crazy disease in which the blood supply to the hip joint just stops and the ball at the top of the femur turns to mush.

The blood supply then randomly restarts.
My boy has it, and spent most of the last 2 years in a wheelchair, not being allowed to put any weight on the hip. Had to have surgery, and was allowed to run again from the start of this year, and is now back playing competiven sport.

It's hard on boys who just want to be active. I think Rick18 sent me the footage of another boy who was interviewed at half time a few years ago during a game, who played little league, which was a good example for my son.

I
My boy has it, and spent most of the last 2 years in a wheelchair, not being allowed to put any weight on the hip. Had to have surgery, and was allowed to run again from the start of this year, and is now back playing competiven sport.

It's hard on boys who just want to be active. I think Rick18 sent me the footage of another boy who was interviewed at half time a few years ago during a game, who played little league, which was a good example for my son.
all the very best to your young bloke. Tough break.

Good interview!

Special mention to Sam McClure trying to imply we've hired Todd and Alastair and have subsequently found we have no budget for anyone else at the club.

Nice try, ya dickhead.
Was this slapped back? I will not listen to the snivelling campaigner

On the Monday SEN interview at the 54 second mark why does he say Viney starts in a part time role today. If he's part time when does he go full time? Have i missed something?
"Viney will officially begin in the role on Monday, August 29 on a part-time basis before transitioning to full-time on November 1."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's interesting that Viney confirmed that he essentially agreed to join Clarko way before our job was officially open. And that GWS was never really an option for him family wise (likely for Clarko as well if you read between the lines). But Garry and Tim didn't really push him re Essendon. Would have been interesting if they did ask how much they even considered Essendon, as Viney seemed a lot more open to talk than most AFL people are and he could have shed some light on the whole saga.

Reading between the lines again, it further reinforced my view that the whole Clarko thing was on way before it became public.

Last edited:
It's interesting that Viney confirmed that he essentially agreed to join Clarko way before our job was officially open. And that GWS was never really an option for him family wise (likely for Clarko as well if you read between the lines). But Garry and Tim didn't really push him re Essendon. Would have been interesting if they did ask how much they even consider Essendon, as Viney seemed a lot more open to talk than most AFL people are and he could have shed some light on the whole saga.

Reading between the lines again, it further reinforced my view that the whole Clarko thing was on way before it became public.
I reckon it was on when he mentioned on tv that night.

It's interesting that Viney confirmed that he essentially agreed to join Clarko way before our job was officially open. And that GWS was never really an option for him family wise (likely for Clarko as well if you read between the lines). But Garry and Tim didn't really push him re Essendon. Would have been interesting if they did ask how much they even considered Essendon, as Viney seemed a lot more open to talk than most AFL people are and he could have shed some light on the whole saga.

You mean that the 10,000 plus postings in the Clarkson mega-thread were unwarranted but Clarko and Sonja were just playing games to see how we'd react?

Seems possible.

Half right on the main board it took AFL intervention to get al Clarko over the line. True story apparently.

Geez haters gonna hate.

Oh well

Will he stay?

You’d think he’s now contracted.

Obviously the landscape has shifted if Clarko is no longer coach but sometimes s**t happens and we have to deal with it in life.

Clarko was definitely instrumental in getting him to Arden Street but I’m sure there were other things he finds attractive at Arden Street.

I’ll back him to stay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back