Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iga Swiatek

• Garbine Muguruza

• Other (Women)

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
I didnt either. But judging from the tweets during the match, the scoreline and this

makes me think she feels comfy. A lot of spotlight on her, even before lighting the cauldron.

Maybe lighting the caludron helped, given how nerve wrecking it would be. Hard to top that.

I think the no fans help her a lot too.

I wonder if it'll be any different in New York late next month.

Purcell pulls off the upset over Felix. Huge win but just a pity there's no points involved for him.

Purcell, Duckworth, Millman through to the 2nd round, Barty out. Yeah, tennis in the Olympics have some strange results at times

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Ajla Tomljanovic will be continuing on in Tokyo, after Yaroslava Shvedova retired hurt, down 7-5 3-2.

the doubles matches have just started.

Other interesting things atm
Andrey Rublev is a set down to Kei Nishikori.
Stefanos Tsitsipas is a set all with Philipp Kohlschreiber.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
We are out of the mens doubles.

Outside of Barty, been a good day for singles. Millman, Purcell, Ducky, Aja all through to round 2. Stosur/Perez and barty/Storm in the doubles.

Don't think there was any major upset not involving an Aussie. Saw Jen Brady, Jabeur and as mentioned, Rublev lose. Guess Rublev is not really an upset as he didn't cope with the heat in Melbourne now that I recall. Plus it was against kei.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
I can't believe Rudd didn't want to go to Tokyo though he has just won his second title in two weeks. Has just won Gstaad against Gaston in straight sets.
there is always going to be players like that. I don't think Domi Thiem was ever enthusiastic to turn up to the Olympics either.

Kiki Bertens career continues. She and parter Schuur beat Garcia and French Kiki. great result by the Dutch pair.

Keep going Kiki Bertens.

This is the time you surely will support the Australians....surely....it's the Olympics.

Support Novak in the tennis really. Only want to see him not get injured really.

Was happy with the match today though was entertaining. I’m happy enough if the more exciting player won and him backhand down the line is great to watch.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Support Novak in the tennis really. Only want to see him not get injured really.

Was happy with the match today though was entertaining. I’m happy enough if the more exciting player won and him backhand down the line is great to watch.
Ok I give you Novak as I also want him to get the gold.

But....It's the Olympics. Are you Australian? You can't be happy the Spaniard best the Australian. You represent your country here.

Back