• Iga Swiatek

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Garbine Muguruza

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Women)

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Medvedev has had a very quotable and gif-able tournament.

Daniil Medvedev is struggling badly in the Tokyo heat/humidity again. Umpire asks if he is OK: "I can finish the match, but I can die. If I die, who will take responsibility?"

Q. Are Russian athletes carrying a stigma of cheaters in these games and how do you feel about it? Medvedev:

"First time in my life I'm not gonna answer a question. You should be embarrassed of yourself. I think you should wire him from the Olympics, I don't wanna see him again"

Medvedev very pissed with himself. Per
@Shahovez
, he also said that Carreno “never played like this on his life”. The Spaniard goes through to the semis 6-2 7-6 (5). #Tokyo2020

Edit will include the racquet smash if I can find it. Thank you 7. but you can only hear it. he throws it into the empty stands afterwards

Medvedev has had a very quotable and gif-able tournament.

Edit will include the racquet smash if I can find it. Thank you 7. but you can only hear it. he throws it into the empty stands afterwards

Hahaha I love this bloke. The third racquet smash was the best…just when you thought surely that was it, bang. Then calmly strolls in to shake his hand. Amazing. Love him lol.

It's a tough way to lose a match. I'm not a fan of the match tiebreak to decide a match, but understand why it's used.

Don't understand why men's/women's doubles moved to it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vondrousova vs Bencic for the Women's Singles Gold

At least Marketa has safely proven the Osaka win was no fluke
She only got in by using her protected ranking

crazy.

Zverev looks like he will win. No offence to Busta or Karen, but i feel Novak v Sasha is the gold medal match. He is th only player capable of preventing Novak from winning gold. Don't think it will happen but over 2 sets, you never know.

Bencic is going for double gold. She hasnt had a good year. I think this week makes up for that.

Novak (should be) in 2 semis. I not sure he will make the final in the mixed though. I would say, regardless of the other result, that those 2(Poland-Russia) are the strongest in the field. (and it is Vesnina and Karatsev who win. They made the final of the French IIRC, as a pair)

Also makes it certain that (not) Russia are going to medal in the mixed

Karen is a good guy. But I want the golden grand slam. Would be historic.

I'll admit Djokovic would be the lesser of two evils...

Oh god is that Mark Doran on commentary for the Barty match?

That's who it is! Been struggling to think who it is all week, been doing some of the tennis.

Slightly off-topic, but some of the commentators they've had for these world feed have been downright awful. The guy who did the Table tennis gold medal match last night should not be employed as a commentator.

Back