Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Novak really needs to rest up before US Open. At least he will be able to cope somewhat with the heat factor in New York. Maybe he shouldn't have played mixed doubles.
gets hot in New York. They also have the worst roof of all the slams. It gets super humid. See Fed v Millman in 2019

The US Open won't be easy. Easier than the French, harder than Wimbledon/Aus.

I am no Novak fan, but would love it if he wins the mixed.

Nikola Mektic and Mate Pavic win Wimbledon and the Olympic gold medal back to back. 53-5 on the season.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Damn IOC, stop nuking gifs.

Anyway.....

IU2B2C4ACVK4JJQTPRVIE7DCKA.jpg

Last edited:
May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Novak loses the mixed. Was always going to be a tough match to win. Vesnina is a very good doubles player and got Aslan to bully Stojanovic on that last service break.

I wonder when the last time the female number 1 plays the male number 1 in a mixed doubles match. something for the statisticians.

yabsy

Club Legend
Nov 25, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Spurs, Oilers, Twins
I really don't understand some of the scheduling over the last few days. Why do the womens doubles finalists get a 2 day break before their match? Djokovic has been playing 2 matches a day for the last 4 days & they're going to be back to back today as well as yesterday. His match against Zverev could of at least been played first up before the other semi.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Oh wow. amazing win. Pigossi is ranked 189 in doubles. they upset heavy favorites Vesnina and Kudermetova

Incredible moments in the women's doubles as Laura Pigossi and Luisa Stefani (BRA) save 4 match points to beat Vesnina/Kudermetova and win Olympic bronze medal. They only found out they were playing in the Olympics just over two weeks ago. Now they are bronze medalists for life.

amazing scenes. Brazil first medal in tennis ever. just look at the staff in the stands. Toyko's Monica Puig moment.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Schedule was horrible considering the weather conditions they played in.

But Djokovic ultimately made a mistake playing the mixed event. Even though it was for the right reasons.
yeah.

most of the time, the mixed is full of people who have lost early in the singles. Nadal withdrew from the Mixed in Rio IIRC. He was in doubles and singles.

Though there is no 3rd set, there is ad. Novak spent 2 hours last night playing mixed.

I wonder if he had won that mixed doubles match if he would have withdrawn from the singles bronze medal match.

I think the Schedule needs to be a bit flexible in the final stage. Why have the bronze medal match today for the mixed.

bato

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Novak Djokovic
I know the guy isn’t perfect, but some of these overreactions… jeez.

They’re always looking for something ever so slightly bad.

Funny how they always refer to what Kyrgios said about Novak. Even if theres absolutely no relevance to what happened today, they’ll still do it.

These guys should just stick to “Go Roger!” & “Go Rafa!” - we already know who they like without them even telling us.

Back