Discussion Tokyo 2020 Olympics

Remove this Banner Ad

The big boys were out in the heats of the 100 freestyle .7 of a second between the top 16 who qualified for the semifinals, good luck picking a winner in that.

The schedule may have cost us a couple of medals maybe even gold, chalmers pulled out of the 200 which I thought was probably his best chance and mckeown pulled out of the 200 individual medley where she was a hot favourite. Seems like he still has a clash with the 4 x 200 relay but I guess nobody is giving up the chance to defend the blue ribbon 100 freestyle.

I wish seven would do a 30 minute lead in showing japan like they did in Barcelona but I guess covid has made sure that won’t happen.

Aussies are smashing it today two great wins in the men’s and women’s fours in the rowing and another great win by titmus in the women’s 200m freestyle.

Things get harder in the swimming from here, I think we’re still a good chance to win more gold but we could swim well and be lucky to medal at the same time.

Watching Italy v Australia basketball, but have a pommy commentator. I thought gaze and Bogut were commentating. Any ideas anyone?

Watching Italy v Australia basketball, but have a pommy commentator. I thought gaze and Bogut were commentating. Any ideas anyone?
Good win but an unusual playbook by the Boomers.

Mills soaks up time, misses a 3 point shot, Boomers win the rebound to Ingles he nails the 3 pointer.

Happened about 3 times in the last qtr.

Good win but an unusual playbook by the Boomers.

Mills soaks up time, misses a 3 point shot, Boomers win the rebound to Ingles he nails the 3 pointer.

Happened about 3 times in the last qtr.
Just gotta keep on winning .
Interesting that the channel 7 commentators were Andrew gaze and Andrew Bogut, but if you watch it on the 7+ App, you get very average international commentators

Just gotta keep on winning .
Interesting that the channel 7 commentators were Andrew gaze and Andrew Bogut, but if you watch it on the 7+ App, you get very average international commentators
I think there's 40+ channels on the app so they will be taking feeds from all over the place.

Some of the sailing had English commentators as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That really was like watching us try to score. Olyroos didn’t even try to win for the first half, appalling coaching decisions and player selection. After conceding at half time forced the coach to actually play an attacking style. Had a few good passing chains in a row and then some absolutely bone headed long bombs from about 50m away. Obviously intercepted then cut up on the turnover

You watching the international feed on 7+?
I am just learning how this 7+ thing works. I expected that if the Aussie commentators were commentating on seven then that would also be the case on seven +. Apparently 7+ is different to normal 7. I guess it is syndicated vision and commentary.
I think overall, the coverage is pretty average.

I am just learning how this 7+ thing works. I expected that if the Aussie commentators were commentating on seven then that would also be the case on seven +. Apparently 7+ is different to normal 7. I guess it is syndicated vision and commentary.
I think overall, the coverage is pretty average.
Australian commentators are only on if it's on 7 7Two or 7Mate.

On the App when you click on a sport it's taking the OBS feed and using whatever commentator is provided there.

Congrats mate

Thanks George. I’m so happy for everybody at home doing it Covid tough. This will bring them pride and joy for weeks now.

Anyone see Luka Doncic put up more points than the entire American starting 5 in the basketball? Kid's the basketball version of Matt Rowell if he hadn't been injured...

Bronze 4x200 for the girls. Mental race. The girls beat their world record from 2019 which is crazy. The US and China also broke the record. Titmus went first and got us a decent pace but Ledecky powered home to steal second. China dominant that whole race.

Bronze 4x200 for the girls. Mental race. The girls beat their world record from 2019 which is crazy. The US and China also broke the record. Titmus went first and got us a decent pace but Ledecky powered home to steal second. China dominant that whole race.
Lets hope there is no sour grape accusations about the Chinese coming from 'nowhere' to win.
All three placegetters went under the world record.
Got the set today, Gold, Silver, Bronze.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back