Summer Tokyo 2021 Day 12 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I enjoy the winter Olympics, but they don't get me anywhere near the level of the summer Olympics.
Agreed but have come to enjoy them over the years. Some pretty spectacular stuff-makes the skateboarding looking pretty ordinary.

NGL, i was like most in the lead-up to the games ( Grooooan, gonna be boring with no crowds etc etc ) but after we went into lockdown , it's been an absolute godsend.
I was a big advocate for it to not even go ahead. Glad it did. Think everyone needed it.

I find it incredulous that here in the 21st century there is no form of electronic scoring in athletics field events. Watching the decathlon shot put and the little Japanese man is running around with a spiked stick marking the spot where the shot landed. Archaic.

Last edited:

Tom Green who made Final and Jean van der Westhuyzen who made the B Final of the K-1 1000m yesterday doubled up in the K-2 1000m and won their heat in an Olympic best time to go thru to the SF tomorrow.

The other K-2 1000m pairing of Riley Fitzsimmons Jordan Wood finished a clear 3rd so they have to go thru to the 1/4 finals this afternoon to get into tomorrow's SF.

Alyssa Bull and Alyce Wood finished 5th in yesterday's K-2 500m final yesterday both went into today's individual K-1 500m and 3rd and 2nd respectively in their heats and are thru to tomorrows SF.

Kiwi Lisa Carrington who yesterday won double gold in the K-2 500m event and the K-1 200m event is almost unbackable to win the K-1 500m tomorrow.

Edit C-1 200m girs bombed out finishing last in their heat's - have 1/4 final repechage this arvo but I doubt they will progress thru to the SFs tomorrow.

Last edited:
The Decathlon will take up much of my time today with Ashley Moloney, 21 and Cedric Dubler, 26 leading the charge for the Aussies in the grueling two-day ten events.. 6 field and 4 track. Both are outside medal chances with Moloney the 2018 world junior champion and current Australian record holder the best chance for some metal.

Moloney 3rd after three events. Dropped a place after the shot put. Dubler 17th.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it incredulous that here in the 21st century there is no form of electronic scoring in athletics field events. Watching the decathlon shot put and the little Japanese man is running around with a spiked stick marking the spot where the shot landed. Archaic.
They need to get the Tennis version of Hawkeye out there to measure exactly where stuff lands in those field events

womens Skating is actually teenage girl sKating.

kind of boring. Not any interesting tricks that would interest a spectator.

wish they would dress properly to Improve aerodynamics.

dull And unprofessional.
Well, have to agree. I can see they can skate, and was really looking forward to watching it. But am finding it quite boring- their ‘tricks’ don’t measure up against plenty of other sports for me. And so many are falling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back