Summer Tokyo 2021 Day 12 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting race in the overall gold medal tally between the US and China. US were unbackable favourites coming into this Olympics but China have a fair lead with 4 and a bit days competition left. Expecting the US to catch up in the athletics over the next few days but will be intriguing to see how things play out.

I seem to recall something similar happening in Athens in 04, where China was leading the gold medal tally until the last day or two.

Pretty big drop off from Great Britan these olympics, in Rio they were 2nd overall with 27 gold. Expecting them to also catch up on golds in the velodrome, possibly ROC to also overtake Australia. A 6th place finish would still be a fantasic result.

View attachment 1195948View attachment 1195948
The Brit government stopped sponsoring the drug program after Wiggin-g out

Not sure if anyone just saw that but Opals coach was asked about Liz and if she would play for Australia again, she said she wasn’t sure. Hmm, interesting.

The host just said, “We started the day with 14 gold, and we finish the day with 15 gold. Well, it’s not finished yet”. So why say that then? My word, how do some of these people get such amazing gigs when they are duds.

Not sure if anyone just saw that but Opals coach was asked about Liz and if she would play for Australia again, she said she wasn’t sure. Hmm, interesting.

The host just said, “We started the day with 14 gold, and we finish the day with 15 gold. Well, it’s not finished yet”. So why say that then? My word, how do some of these people get such amazing gigs when they are duds.

I'm not 100% sure what's the problem with cabbage.
The Opals clearly need her.
But if she thinks she's too good or cut or ties with them...good bye..

It would not surprise me to see Liz go for US citizenship.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a look at the rock climbing. its a bit disappointing. I expected it to be a lot harder than an 8 second sprint up the wall.

No doubt its bloody difficult to do but they make it look to easy and the camera angles don't really show how high they are going.

I thought there may be some tricky twists in it like you get climb mountains with those shear cliffs or bend backwards to get up higher.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back