Summer Tokyo 2021 Day 12 Thread

Had a look at the rock climbing. its a bit disappointing. I expected it to be a lot harder than an 8 second sprint up the wall.

No doubt its bloody difficult to do but they make it look to easy and the camera angles don't really show how high they are going.

I thought there may be some tricky twists in it like you get climb mountains with those shear cliffs or bend backwards to get up higher.
There is 3 different rounds with different requirements.

Trojan90

All Australian
May 7, 2012
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Had a look at the rock climbing. its a bit disappointing. I expected it to be a lot harder than an 8 second sprint up the wall.

No doubt its bloody difficult to do but they make it look to easy and the camera angles don't really show how high they are going.

I thought there may be some tricky twists in it like you get climb mountains with those shear cliffs or bend backwards to get up higher.

Yep I agree. The camera angles make it look like a crawling race.

Oct 5, 2007
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond

That’s the speed climbing.

Chuck it on 7+ now for the bouldering, trying to work out how to climb four puzzles in limited time.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Gut wrenching for Kaplina

RussellEbertHandball said:
This is speed climbing - sports climbing is the difficult one

Chuck it on 7+ now for the bouldering, trying to work out how to climb four puzzles in limited time.
Cheers will give it a go.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico

I wish there was more height involved. There's no doubt it takes incredible dexterity and strength to complete these puzzles, but there needs to be more jeopardy to make it more interesting imo

Back