Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Day 12 saw the end of the Opals, McLaughlin set a WR to take gold, a young Aussie set himself up for a tilt at a medal in the decathlon, and another sailing gold. Day 13 is massive; Kookaburras going for gold, as are the girls in the beach volleyball, Boomers playing USA for the gold medal match, and the track relays kick off.

Highlights include:

* Swimming mens 10km marathon
* Men’s decathlon (110m hurdles, discus, pole vault, 1500m, Aussie Moloney in 2nd position)
* Women’s heptathlon
* Women’s high jump qualification (Eleanor Patterson hopefully buries the nightmares of Rio)
* Men’s/women’s 4x100m relay heats
* Beach volleyball SF Australia vs Latvia
* Women’s diving 10m platform SF and final
* Hockey bronze medal match Germany vs India
* Men’s triple jump and shot put final
* Men’s 110m hurdles final (all eyes on Holloway)
* Men’s volleyball SF (Brazil vs ROC, France vs Argentina
* Canoe sprint SF’s, Australia fresh off an OR yesterday.
* Men’s basketball SF Boomers vs USA (dare to dream…? Afternoon time slot hurts)
* Men’s 20km race walk final (forever thinking of Jane Saville)
* Women’s soccer bronze medal match Matildas vs USA
* Women’s pole vault final
* Men’s hockey gold medal match Australia vs Belgium
* Women’s 4x400m relay heats
* Men’s 1500m SF
* Men’s 400m final (could watch Gardiner all day long)

LETS GO AUSSIES!!!

Can the Kookaburras do it?! I honestly think they’ll need to be a lot better than they were against Germany. I think the circle penetrations were something like 22-10. That’s not going to cut it. A little bit more attacking. I worry about how quickly Belgium will be able to transition into attack.

What happened with those guys that just had to finish the boat race to get gold?

Did they? Has it been on yet?

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Belcher & Ryan made sure they were well behind the line when the race began and did start a clear last as a result
Wound up ahead after 2 legs and won the race

There was some discussion how we have performed on the medal tally on a per capita basis. Watch the video below they use a special formula to determine best performing Olympic coutrires.

Getting near the end

Just need to have 1 more cup of coffee

ce103ec4e3ad4e96af91217deb0b5a84

Moloney's PBs all look pretty good
He does look good after first round of events. Lost points in the shot put. Hope his discus is better. How is his pole vault. Not seen the leader board but heard he is hanging onto third.

Kookaburras looking to 'cook' Belgium in tonite's gold medal match. Their first since Athens 2004 from memory.

Did the media go over the top with Bol's expectations. He made the semi.. well done.. but they already had him winning a medal. I have to say he did not look in the same class as the Kenyans both of whom stormed over the top of him in last 25mts.. another 20 mts and he'd have been over run by most of the field as he was fatiquing fast..

Can our Boomers finally take down the strong TeamUSA at an Olympics. They do have form having beaten the Yanks in the US prior to the Games. Our Matilda's going for bronze also against the Yanks. Fingers crossed for both.

Moment of truth this evening for our big medal hope Stewart McSweyn in the 1500m semi. The tall, wirey Tasmanian vanquished some well credentialed Africans before Tokyo.. can he repeat the dose on the world's biggest sporting stage. This guy has class.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can the Kookaburras do it?! I honestly think they’ll need to be a lot better than they were against Germany. I think the circle penetrations were something like 22-10. That’s not going to cut it. A little bit more attacking. I worry about how quickly Belgium will be able to transition into attack.

Aus need to be careful of the taylor lautner looking mofo in the Belgium team. He's an absolute weapon in penalty corners.

Alyce Wood finished 2nd to NZ champ Lisa Carrington in her SF fo the K-1 500m sprint to go thru to the Final. 4 kayak events are open to the women and Carrington has already won the K-1 200m, K-2 500m, will win this one and is aiming to win the K-4 500m as well. Alyssa Bull finished 4 and misses the A final.

Men's K-2 1000m SF up next with Tom Green and Jean van der Westhuyzen should go thru

Green and van der Westhuyzen dominated first 750m and then cruised to win by half a boat length and go thru to the final. Fitzsimmons and Woods finished 5th and miss the final in 90 minutes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back