Summer Tokyo 2021 Day 15 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The handball Gold Medal Match is good viewing. One point in it at the moment.
I can’t get into that and I watched it a few times but just seems stupid!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posted this in the basketball thread but thought I'd plug it here too and spread the word because it was getting a lot of love:

Anyone who has enjoyed the basketball this olympics and had fun jumping on the boomers bandwagon.... I strongly encourage you to check out the NBL this upcoming season if you don't already follow it.

-Half our Boomers team are NBL players or were in recent seasons
-Plenty of potential/future boomers are in the league.
-A lot of the imports are NBA quality these days
-The NBL next stars program has signed up a number of NBA prospects (I think 6 so far for this season?) from all over the world who have skipped college and will be drafted in a year or two.
-A number of guys in recent years have made the jump to the NBA because of the NBL
-The game is played in the Olympic FIBA style which I personally enjoy over the NBA
-Plus it's a lot of fun supporting Australian basketball and watching teams from your city and going to games

The league has improved significantly in recent years, so even if you didn't like it previously it's worth giving it another go. Everyone this Olympics has been saying the world is catching up, and the NBL is a part of that!

TRUE STORY

I remember watching the end of that womens marathon in 84 when the bird was dehydrated.

Me, being an immature 8 yr old started laughing and mocking her until i copped a wallop across the side of the head from my mum.
Like,a ******* THWACK !!

She never hit me again but i never mocked anyone for being dehydrated ever again !!

TRUE STORY

I remember watching the end of that womens marathon in 84 when the bird was dehydrated.

Me, being an immature 8 yr old started laughing and mocking her until i copped a wallop across the side of the head from my mum.
Like,a ******* THWACK !!

She never hit me again but i never mocked anyone for being dehydrated ever again !!

I chucked a sickie from primary school during the 84 Olympics, my mum knew what I was up to and let me take it, she's like this is history soak it up.

Chucked a sickie for 2 whole weeks,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back