Summer Tokyo 2021 Day 4 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aussie team finished 8th in 10m Air Pistol. Solid.

I feel that we should be investing more in shooting program in the lead up to 2032. It is a medal rich sport and our results have dropped off over the years.

Scoring seems tight ... do we have a chance in the final? 582 to 575 from 1st to 8th makes it seem like a fart in the wind could be the difference between a medal and last in the final.

Shooting medals seem to have a strong correlation with population. China would have millions of people on shooting ranges and some of them are bound to be good. It might just be that there is more competition, rather than us getting worse.

Who will then?
Well, I would’ve said Ledecky. But she swim about a second and a half slower just now then she did in Rio final, and half a second slower than her Rio SF time. Sowing down? Maybe tired from the 1500 last night? Either way Titmus is a great chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you seen any official Olympic films? As far as I know they haven’t done any for the past few Olympics, last I’m aware of is Athens. Some of the stories in them are actually emotion stirring stuff, they capture the journey these athletes go on, their hard work and dedication. I normally watch them in the lead up to pump myself up even more, just didn’t have time this time. But I highly recommend them, can view them on YT.
Have you got any of the Wallechinsky books on the Olympics? Revised every 4 years and updated.

1627353887420.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back