Summer Tokyo 2021 Day 7 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was some day of Olympic sport. Ups and downs, roller coaster of emotions. First full week of competition down and it has been beyond sensational.

On to the 2nd weekend tomorrow. Thanks for the discussion everyone.

For some perspective...

Rio 2016
8G, 11S, 10 B - 29 medals total

London 2012
8G, 15S, 12B - 35 medals total

Tokyo 2020 (end of Day 7)
9G, 2S, 11B - 22 medals total

We are assured of another gold in sailing, and more medals in the pool. With a bit of luck we could challenge London's total medals. Even with some disappointments (happens every Olympics, no one can win all the time), the first week has been a success without a doubt for Australia in general.

Well that was some day of Olympic sport. Ups and downs, roller coaster of emotions. First full week of competition down and it has been beyond sensational.

On to the 2nd weekend tomorrow. Thanks for the discussion everyone.

Had no interest coming into it. Not much build up, no crowds, a year late... Flat about lockdowns and just not interested at all.

But it's been such a great week. Good time zone, Aussie success, great moments and Abbey Gelmi. Been my favourite since Sydney (maybe Athens) when I was a kid. So good having this thread to follow what's going on and 7plus to watch anything we want too.

Well we had a great tall player who played at the basket...

I know very little about Liz Cambage. Much of my knowledge of basketball comes from NBA Jam on the Super Nintendo. I believe she is regarded as one of the GOAT in women's basketball?

But in pre-Games coverage she seemed to be all about herself with those videos about whether she was/wasn't going to play in the Olympics. There was without a doubt a lot of drama about her presence or absence and I know she has many followers on social media fiercely advocating for her. Perhaps the team is better off without those types. I read Ben Simmons was similar. Maybe America loves the players that are a bit up themselves and have a 'personality' but maybe Australian teams don't really get into that.

Really enjoying the volleyball but it's getting a little late for me now! I assumed it was only best of 3 sets for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back