Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Another awesome day for Australia, and Day 7 could also be another day for gold. The schedule is loaded; was actually hurting my brain trying to come up with a highlights list because it is genuinely loaded. It’s the first day of track and field, and it starts with a bang. I’m particularly interested in the men’s 400m hurdles, the field is loaded and while I’d love to see Warholm win, it’s a stacked field and could be anyone’s. And it’s that point of the Olympics where the athletics is beginning but the swimming is still kicking on, with gold medal chances for Australia.

Day 7 highlights include:

* Brandon Starc in men’s high jump qualifying first thing in the morning
* Kookaburras vs Spain
* Rowing final men’s and women’s 8’s
* BMX SF (2 Aussies)
* Women’s 800m track (Morgan Mitchell, no chance but nice to see a representative)
* Rugby 7’s Australia vs USA
* Women’s 100m freestyle final (McKeon, Campbell)
* Athletics men’s 400m hurdle heats (field is loaded, look out for dos Santos, Samba, McMaster, Rai Benjamin, and superstar Warholm heat 3)
* Kaylee McKeown 200m backstroke SF
* Athletics women’s 100m heats
* Men’s kayak final (Delfour third fastest qualifier)
* Tennis mixed doubles SF (Barty/Peers)
* Women’s archery gold medal match
* Soccer women’s QF Australia vs GB
* Women’s water polo Australia vs Spain
* Athletics men’s 10,000m final
* Basketball Opals vs China

Another awesome day for Australia, and Day 7 could also be another day for gold. The schedule is loaded; was actually hurting my brain trying to come up with a highlights list because it is genuinely loaded. It’s the first day of track and field, and it starts with a bang. I’m particularly interested in the men’s 400m hurdles, the field is loaded and while I’d love to see Warholm win, it’s a stacked field and could be anyone’s. And it’s that point of the Olympics where the athletics is beginning but the swimming is still kicking on, with gold medal chances for Australia.

* Kookaburras vs Spain
* BMX SF (2 Aussies)
* Women’s 800m track (Morgan Mitchell, no chance but nice to see a representative)
* Athletics men’s 400m hurdle heats (field is loaded, look out for dos Santos, Samba, McMaster, Rai Benjamin, and superstar Warholm heat 3)
Too much sport is barely enough type day Drumm. For me the athletics isn't when the games start, but when they go into overdrive.

Not a final, but the first event is the men's steeplechase at 9am Japan time and the Kenyans always team run this in the final. The great entertainer Ezekiel Kemobi who would win gold medals at Olympics and World champs finishing up in lane 7 running down the home straight waving to the crowd has finally retired. They have 2 new runners so will have to see if the great Kenyan tradition continues.

* Kookaburras vs Spain
* BMX SF (2 Aussies)

now that’s a ******* day in front of the TV, mostly yelling at channel 7’s shitty telecast, but bring it on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BMX is not a realistic chance. But it is pissing down with rain at the venue. Hopefully they don't postpone it and it throws a spanner in the works. Sneak into the final and could fluke something. I remember in Rio our two guys dominated every heat/semi, but bombed out in the medal race.

Edit: now it has been delayed.

BMX is not a realistic chance. But it is pissing down with rain at the venue. Hopefully they don't postpone it and it throws a spanner in the works. Sneak into the final and could fluke something. I remember in Rio our two guys dominated every heat/semi, but bombed out in the medal race.

Edit: now it has been delayed.

There is a guy out there with a leaf blower, good luck champ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back