Summer Tokyo 2021 - General Discussion and Preview Thread (23rd July to 8th Aug)

Remove this Banner Ad

Local boy Yuto wins the street skating. I don't mind the format, but maybe they should have one more 45 second run, and one less best trick attempt, to put greater weighting on stay-on-it-ness, which is the main contest attribute imo.

Can someone explain this 7+ stuff to me? Was watching the Women's Cycling Road Race yesterday with Phil Liggett commentating. About two hours from the end they tell me to switch to 7+ to see the rest of the event. I do this, but instead of Phil there's now some (inferior) international commentary which we eventually muted.

Searched all the 7+ channels, but couldn't find Phil. Does that mean he spent the last two hours talking to himself?? Why doesn't 7+ just use the same feed?

And don't get me started on the advertising. Memo to C7, I have committed to never watching a single episode of any of these shows you are ramming down my throat...

Can someone explain this 7+ stuff to me? Was watching the Women's Cycling Road Race yesterday with Phil Liggett commentating. About two hours from the end they tell me to switch to 7+ to see the rest of the event. I do this, but instead of Phil there's now some (inferior) international commentary which we eventually muted.

Searched all the 7+ channels, but couldn't find Phil. Does that mean he spent the last two hours talking to himself?? Why doesn't 7+ just use the same feed?

And don't get me started on the advertising. Memo to C7, I have committed to never watching a single episode of any of these shows you are ramming down my throat...
Phil Liggett would be part of the channel 7 call.

7+ seem to be accessing coverage from wherever they can. I'm certainly not complaining; I can literally choose from every sport at any given time.
It is the best FTA coverage that we've had. Not sure we can complain about being able to watch just about whatever sport we want, when we want.

But surely 7+ would have access to the same call? The even wasn't on any of the FTA channels any more.
7+ will have 7's and 7mate's broadcast available on there, but everything else I have watched so far using 7+, it has the Olympic Broadcast Service feeds so when the swimming heats are on and 7 don't have the first few heats on their 2 TV channels because there are no Aussies, you get the OBS feed with the pommie caller and Nicole Livingstone doing the special comments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7+ will have 7's and 7mate's broadcast available on there, but everything else I have watched so far using 7+, it has the Olympic Broadcast Service feeds so when the swimming heats are on and 7 don't have the first few heats on their 2 TV channels because there are no Aussies, you get the OBS feed with the pommie caller and Nicole Livingstone doing the special comments.
And with that I'm not watching the swimming on 7 again

And with that I'm not watching the swimming on 7 again
Not sure if they have the OBS swimming feed up on the 7+ when 7 have it on live but give it a go and let us know.

With the Russian ban on international sports till the end of 2022.Just wondering how they would of gone at Tokyo
Not as good as the former Soviet Union.But still a top 4 finish in the medal count.Whos going to win the Russian medals at Tokyo's Olympics???

It is the best FTA coverage that we've had. Not sure we can complain about being able to watch just about whatever sport we want, when we want.

It's fantastic. One of my pet peeves was how little weightlifting was shown in the past (and how much equestrian!). Now I can watch every minute of the weightlifting and don't have to see a horse for the whole Olympics.

No idea why the swimming thread is full of people complaining about Basil when they could just watch the swimming feed online. I presume the vast majority of people these days have streaming capability.

It's fantastic. One of my pet peeves was how little weightlifting was shown in the past (and how much equestrian!). Now I can watch every minute of the weightlifting and don't have to see a horse for the whole Olympics.

No idea why the swimming thread is full of people complaining about Basil when they could just watch the swimming feed online. I presume the vast majority of people these days have streaming capability.
100% I'm actually blown away how easy it is to switch from sport to sport. Tonight I watched the Bahrain vs Portugal handball match, straight to the fencing final, into the last 10 minutes of the weightlifting. All outstanding battles. I've been able to watch a variety of sport and engage with things I'd not normally watch. Think 7 have done a fantastic job with 7plus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back