Summer Tokyo 2021 - Track Cycling

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia are now the minnows of the velodrome...
Do you ever post to celebrate or support us or just post to s**t on people when we don’t do well?

6 gold medals at the 2018 world cycling champs to absolutely zero! You don't think that is not worthy of criticism?
Criticism just seems to be your only motive to post and I find that weird and sad really. You must be real fun at parties. 🤔🤷‍♀️

There have been rumors about the British cycling team and doping for a decade, they really are sus.

They are also the highest funded cycling team in the Olympics by a long way, there budget dwarfs everyone else.
Yep. GB dodgy as. Prior to 2012 Olympics suddenly most of their cyclists had previously undiagnosed medical conditions (eg. Asthma) which suddenly required an exemption to use special medicine to assist with breathing and airflow. MBE and Knighthoods given out after they win gold.
Very suss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been nothing short of an embarrassment on the track, gone backwards we used to be world leaders in these events

Even before we retired our tactics were just weird. The top teams change overs are usually when there's only 1 or 2 laps left for a sprint.

We'd do a change over with 4 or 5 laps left.....

Teams pursuit was the same I reckon. Many will say the crash ruined our chances but the tactics in the re-run were very odd. We did less changeovers than everybody who finished above us. If fatigue was a factor it should have been the opposite. And Porter wasnt the rider that had the easiest share of the work on the front. There must be factors that are still unknown and the question of how ill was Luke Plapp to not be picked yet still rode the race for bronze. On talent I would of thought he would be in our A team for this event, was he left out because we thought we were a certainty to ride for gold? There needs to be a review on a whole bunch things here, equipment clearly is one. I don't think the women's team had the talent here but the men have certainly under-achieved.

Terrible crash in the scratch race but great for Edmondson. Hope everyone is ok - the trackies are so brave and tough.

Pity we have to rely on the likes of Kenny etc stacking though. Hopefully Edmondson can take advantage of this big slice of fortune.

Richardson out in the Keirin quarterfinal

Was screwed the moment he got boxed in with 1.5 laps to go

Just not fast enough. He got boxed in because he wasn't as quick as the other guys. I thought he did well with a few laps to go putting himself second from the front. But he got swamped because of a lack of speed when the power went down.

Terrible crash in the scratch race but great for Edmondson. Hope everyone is ok - the trackies are so brave and tough.
The speeds are getting that high that control is being compromised , with world records and that. Even many falls in the team pursuits , kiwis ,danes ,etc.
Is getting very dangerous this Olympics. sometimes technology has a detrimental side effect. (increasing the pace to out of control levels)

Edmondson threw it away. Sat up after her 2 points and dropped off the lead group and sat 10 meters back from them for a while. I was screaming at the TV for her to give her all to close the gap. Then she swung up again and the girl on her wheel didn't come through and that was that. Lap gone.

Why are the Aussies so tactically inept? Don't they ever train tactics?

Don't know who our coaching team are but surely they have to go after this games. We have no idea.

I sometimes wonder if Australia is left with the best coaches, considering the best get poached by other countries

Remove this Banner Ad

Back