Summer Tokyo 2021 - Track & Field

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel for his teammates. But then my mind wonders, would you know if a teammate is doping? I guess probably not, which then sucks for them because they think they’ve earned an Olympic medal and now it’s gone in the blink of an eye.
I feel a hell of a lot more for the team that finished 4th and missed their chance of getting the medal at the games and standing on the podium...

If any track diehards have a spare 19minutes, watch this video from Cravon Gillespie, member of USA 4x100 team. Does one of them “reaction” videos from their race in Tokyo, where they failed to make the final. Basically throws his coaches and his 3 teammates under the bus 😂 😂 Gives plenty of excuses …even though he got destroyed on anchor. Worth a watch !

I had no idea Jacques Rogge passed away. RIP
yep I completely missed it. I listened to SEN most of the day after he died and didn't hear anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel for his teammates. But then my mind wonders, would you know if a teammate is doping? I guess probably not, which then sucks for them because they think they’ve earned an Olympic medal and now it’s gone in the blink of an eye.
I doubt it. A lot of these people don't train together for large periods of the year. It's not really like football where they're a team all year and best mates. Many of them would be rivals and mates, but not necessarily especially close outside of the relays if they were in different squads

Further confirmation 2021 was a good year for Oz athletes not just at the Olympics but also on the international events that accumulate points. Final year rankings from Track and Field News magazine, the bible of the sport. They release their women's top 10 list of every event in a couple of days time.

Track and Field News has an american bias. I just go by IAAF best times
Nothing wrong with an American magazine having a slight bias to the yanks, but thats all it is, slight.

Not much point recording the worlds best time, or jump or throw in the semi final and losing the gold medal or even a medal in the final. That world's best time, jump or throw, doesnt mean you should be automatically ranked #1 in that event over the people who beat you in the final. And neither should winning a gold medal at Tokyo automatically give you the #1 ranking for an event this year. You got to look at performances over the whole 12 months.

They have developed their methodology over 70 odd years for their end of year rankings. And its not just yanks who do the end of year rankings. They have a team of contributors from around the world who contribute and join in with the editors, so that their list has international credibility.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back